Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago today I went into a dealership in Carlsbad CA, and slapped down more money for a car than I had ever spent before and drove home in a black Challenger R/T Classic that has redefined driving for me. With only 5550 miles on the odometer (55 were on the car when I bought it) I'm averaging only 457 miles a month.

I have never driven a car so infrequently that brings me greater enjoyment. Maybe it's because I limit my time behind it's wheel, the anticipation of driving the Challenger on weekends or long road trips adds to the driving excitement. My beater is driven more out of necessity, and bears the scars validating my paranoia over the proliferation of knuckle-dragging, protruding-browed, monosyllabic-grunting door-dingers.

I also checked my Challenger's date of manufacture last night and was pleasantly surprised to discover it was built in March 2013, the same month I joined the Z forum and began my journey to become a Challenger driver. My Challenger probably arrived on my dealer's lot around the same time I joined the Z in the 3rd week of March 2013.

Too many coincidences... it must be Moparma (Mopar Karma) :D

Still enjoying the ride and pushing the drive!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,729 Posts
Congrats on 1 year, glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Congrats on the 1 year of ownership John! I agree with you on the Challenger redefining driving remark, I've never driven another vehicle that has been as rewarding and fun as this! :smileup:

Just don't go buying any cupcakes and a silly one year candle to commemorate the occasion, that would just be bananas! :4-looney: :Banana01:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the 1 year of ownership John! I agree with you on the Challenger redefining driving remark, I've never driven another vehicle that has been as rewarding and fun as this! :smileup:

Just don't go buying any cupcakes and a silly one year candle to commemorate the occasion, that would just be bananas! :4-looney: :Banana01:

Umm...

Noooooooo. That would be stupid. :shakehead:
Especially if I had one special ordered to match my Challenger's black with red stripe color scheme. :doh:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,465 Posts
Special congrats John! We never forget the anniversary of when we buy our Challengers! Birthdays, anniversaries, but not that date! Ha!

BTW, that last sentence in the second paragraph.....hmmm, maybe I will have to copy and frame that! That writer stuff just protrudes from you!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Happy 1 Year Anniversary John!! May you have many more!!!!!:smileup::smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,558 Posts
Happy First Anniversary, John! Many More!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Special congrats John! We never forget the anniversary of when we buy our Challengers! Birthdays, anniversaries, but not that date! Ha!

BTW, that last sentence in the second paragraph.....hmmm, maybe I will have to copy and frame that! That writer stuff just protrudes from you!!
Well, my payment is due the same day every month, so that helps in making it easy to remember, LOL!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy 1 Year Anniversary John!! May you have many more!!!!!:smileup::smileup:
Happy First Anniversary, John! Many More!
congrats on your first year John and here's to many more!
Thanks, everyone! I hope to have many more as well. It's still just as cool as day one when I drove my Challenger home, and the gawker moments haven't subsided in the least. I pulled the #2 fuse for the first time yesterday to mark my first year of ownership, and it was like unleashing the Kraken! OK, maybe not quite that dramatic, but pulling the #2 fuse is going to become a regular maintenance check for my car going forward.

·
12,990 Posts
Happy anniversary!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes there is an awesome feeling the Challengers give you, and it doesn't go away. I have owned other and currently own another "muscle car" and can tell you although I love my Dart and other cars I have owned they none give the feeling my Challenger does. The rumbling quiet every time you accelerate, the smooth but hard ride over less than perfect roads, the fast around the turns but stuck to the road feel, and last the g force feel of sweet but mighty take off while the foot is to the floor. And know something else, the even I look good behind the wheel of that beautiful machine ego booster.
Enjoy the ride, may it go on and on.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Happy anniversary!!
Thanks Alan!

Congratulations John. :smileup: Cent'anni !
Merci beaucoup, Art!

Happy Anniversary
Thanks, redbull!

Yes there is an awesome feeling the Challengers give you, and it doesn't go away. I have owned other and currently own another "muscle car" and can tell you although I love my Dart and other cars I have owned they none give the feeling my Challenger does. The rumbling quiet every time you accelerate, the smooth but hard ride over less than perfect roads, the fast around the turns but stuck to the road feel, and last the g force feel of sweet but mighty take off while the foot is to the floor. And know something else, the even I look good behind the wheel of that beautiful machine ego booster.
Enjoy the ride, may it go on and on.
Dude, this should seriously be on the Challenger sales brochure! :smileup:

Congrats. Did you go to Pizza Port and celebrate ?
Haha! Someone knows Carlsbad. Quick, is Pizza Port on Carlsbad Village Drive...

or ELM street? ;)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
John, Happy One Year Anniversary! Sounds like you are still having fun with her and many more Happy Anniversaries are in your future! Yea I'm a fan of the #2 fuse as well!

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Congratulations on your first year of ownership of a wonderful beast!! :smileup: The love affair with this car is really like a marriage...:D :D :D

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John, Happy One Year Anniversary! Sounds like you are still having fun with her and many more Happy Anniversaries are in your future! Yea I'm a fan of the #2 fuse as well!
Thanks Bob! #2 fuse rocks!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations on your first year of ownership of a wonderful beast!! :smileup: The love affair with this car is really like a marriage...:D :D :D
Thanks Adam. Unlike my marriage :doh:, I expect the car love affair to last much longer!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts