Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Corsa Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to pulling the trigger on a Corsa exhaust system. I'm undecided between the Extreme and Sport versions. On one hand I'm not looking for my car to rattle windows and on the other I don't want to spend that kind of money and wish I had gotten more.
I know that sound is very subjective,but I would appreciate hearing from those who either own one of these systems or who have heard them first hand.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've had both, Extreme on an 11 SRT, the Sport on an 07 R/T. The Sport is refined, the Extreme is more raucous. Both talk to you under open throttle, the Extreme is louder at idle. However, in my opinion, it is not too loud, just right.
There is no drone with either.

·
Premium Member
18,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had both, Extreme on an 11 SRT, the Sport on an 07 R/T. The Sport is refined, the Extreme is more raucous. Both talk to you under open throttle, the Extreme is louder at idle. However, in my opinion, it is not too loud, just right.
There is no drone with either.
Appreciate the feedback,especially since you had both. Drone is a big consideration which is why I chose Corsa.
Thanks !

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Heard both on many cars....Mustang's, Camaro's, Challenger's and Corvette's. I absolutely would go with the Extreme if money was no object.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Art, I had the Extreme and it was too tame for me. I switched to the Zoomers.

The Sport isn't much louder than the OE exhaust IMO. If you insist on a Corsa, get the Extreme. It's tame at idle and decent under WOT. (not too loud though)

:wavey:

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I bought the Corsa Xtreme in 2010 from AutoAnything for $1,129 free shipping and no tax to front door. Came in 2 large boxes. I absolutely love the Xtreme. With the RSC technology there is ZERO drone as Corsa states and it's built right here in Berea, OH. As a few others have noted over the past few years, the exhaust sounds even better after 500-1000 miles. It takes some time to season in... It's awesome !

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I must have sensitive ears, I have Corsa extreme and I think I it drones but I think the factory exhaust did also. That said I love the sound and wouldn't take it off.

·
Premium Member
18,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on these responses and a couple of videos Alan sent me,I'm starting to believe that the chances of the Extreme being too loud are less than the Sport being too quiet.I'm leaning toward the Extreme.
Thanks for the feedback. :smileup:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Looking on AutoAnything right now shows their 35th Anniversary sale. Promo Code CC60 ($60 off $750 or more) looks like it will be honored if you call them and order over the phone. I tried to apply it at checkout and said 'not for online, give us a call to order.'

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I've heard the Sport on two different cars and it didn't sound much different than the stock exhaust...I wondered why anyone would spend any $$$ or change out the OEM for that?
I have the Extreme. Not real loud on start-up or idle but you know your car is running. It barks pretty good on WOT but won't shatter any windows. WOT Extreme going under an overpass is always fun........

·
Premium Member
18,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've heard the Sport on two different cars and it didn't sound much different than the stock exhaust...I wondered why anyone would spend any $$$ or change out the OEM for that?
I have the Extreme. Not real loud on start-up or idle but you know your car is running. It barks pretty good on WOT but won't shatter any windows. WOT Extreme going under an overpass is always fun........
Thanks Jon ! The last thing I want to do is buy a system that's going to sound like the OEM one.I've decided on the Extreme.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I've also heard a lot of people say on this board its gets better with time, that is the case with mine and it does sound better after a few miles on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts