Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of, or has had the opti-coat pro ceramic paint sealant done to their car?

I have seen how nice the cars that have had it done, shine. It's better than when the car was delivered new.

The process is done by claying the car and than using a polish to get all swirl marks out. Than the opti-coat pro product is applied and allowed to cure over night, indoors.

The claim is that you never have to wax the car again for 5 years. It repels scratches as well as dirt and other materials. It can be re-coated also. It includes the windows and plastic also for the same price. I know some people don't want their windows done and that's ok also.

The car must be under 5 years old to have the guarantee in force.

I was just wondering how others feel about it. The cost for a Challenger or Camaro is between $1200 & 1400.

The web site is opti-coat.com There is a 2 year price, a 5 year Pro and also a 7 year Pro +.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
someone on here had it done not too long ago, I can't for the life of me remember who it was though. Hopefully they will chime in.

From what I can remember his car came out looking awesome, it was redline red if I remember correctly.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
and there you go lol, didn't think it would take long. Dan got it in there while I was typing...
Us old farts are kinda hard to hold down! LOL!

Reactions: Sunstorm

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That car looks fantastic. I'm going to get it done. Beautiful pictures.

Reactions: Rob Challenger

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had mine done a year ago, car is black, the paint was not in the best condition when I got it, now it really shines.
Could not be happier.
Thank you for the info.

My car is black also. It's always garage kept. In great shape, few whirl marks. I was using the Wolfgang Carnauba wax, those products cost a lot but give the finish a beautiful shine.

However, I want that deep blinding shine. I have seen pictures of cars done and it just adds perfection and very high glass shine. Yeah my OCD is coming out, but that's how I keep all my things.

I'm hoping to have it done within the next 2 weeks or so. I can't wait. I will post pictures when it's done.

Reactions: Shanes13
1 - 10 of 10 Posts