Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I picked up my car this morning after having the Opticoat Pro applied and it looks amazing...

The car looks much better than when I picked it up, the paint is almost mesmerizing, when you really stare into it, it looks almost like a thick liquid you could stick your hand into. It truly does need to be seen in person to understand the true appearance and its reactions to different lighting. When in low light the metal flake does not pop out so it appears a deep red, but when the sun hits it, it starts to light up...

The Opticoat itself shines nearly like class, again, pictures don't really do it justice...but here they are ;)
20160203_090802.jpg

20160203_090855.jpg
20160203_090918 - 95 Percent.jpg
20160203_090928.jpg
CIMG0545 - Blank.jpg
CIMG0546 - Blanked.jpg
CIMG0550.JPG
CIMG0542.JPG
CIMG0547.JPG
CIMG0552.JPG
CIMG0551 - Blanked.jpg
CIMG0549 - Blanked.jpg
CIMG0544.JPG

The car is so aggressive looking, it looks angry and menacing, sort of like it is saying...
CIMG0548 - Blanked.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks really nice! mine goes in for paint protection Friday. Not sure what they use.
Thank You

Is it being done at the dealership? I had to find a someone certified to install Opticoat, there are only 6 people in all of Ontario, I am guessing there are more around in the US though

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Looks AMAZING!!!! And that Redline Red is just gorgeous!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The coating came with a warranty card as well as this little gem to hang in the window if I bring it anywhere for any reason and someone decides to "help me out" and wash my car, made me chuckle a little bit...
20160203_101605.jpg

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,846 Posts
Looks really great, very wet looking.

Reactions: habbie

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thank You

Is it being done at the dealership? I had to find a someone certified to install Opticoat, there are only 6 people in all of Ontario, I am guessing there are more around in the US though
Heavens no, its being done by a place called great lakes chemical. Not exactly sure what the process is but when they do my white 300 it looks like glass.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Looks awesome, like wet paint. Very nice!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well usually before you apply and coating you do a full paint protection. Which in it self will make the paint look great. You can wash coatings just like anything else. You can even apply a carnuba wax over it if you want that warm gloss.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
looks great! Not being able to wash it though is kind of a bummer, I always find washing and detailing my car relaxing and a great way to spend a Sunday :)

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,918 Posts
^^^^ Yeah, I would have major withdrawal symptoms with that!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can still wash it, the card is mainly meant to stop the "shop car wash guy" from haphazardly using a cheap, abrasive or dirty brush on my car...

Technically I can still wax it as well if I choose to, the wax will just not adhere as well/long as it would to clear coat.

The installer recommended Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and the sponge that goes with it for washing. With the Opticoat on there you don't need to work nearly as hard to break free any dirt as it cannot bond to the car as well as it normally would, it will also be much easier/faster to dry as well, as the water beads up and rolls off very quickly.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts