Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I ordered a 2021 Scat Pack 6MT in Smoke Gray with Driver Convenience group a few days ago. Dealer called this morning with the VIN and a ship date of 10/19 already! Very exciting stuff, as I've never ordered a car before.

Inventory is very hard to come by, especially models with Driver Convenience Group. Very disappointing that not even the $40k Scat Pack has HID/LED headlights as standard. Either way, I'm counting down the days until the vehicle is delivered.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,323 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
274 Posts
....Dealer called this morning with the VIN and a ship date of 10/19 already!...
That is pretty darn quick! I hope it works out for you. There is some magic none of us understand about how Brampton prioritizes orders & builds. It has been discussed in this and other forums many times without any apparent answers.

In the mean time... Educate yourself with the build status codes found here. That way you can be informed when you talk to the dealer..... "Has the car progressed to code E or F? Or is it still in D1?"

The other thing I learned when I did my order is "shipped" means it left the assembly line. Depending on your options it may be over to the Upfitter for a few more weeks. Then it gets on a train and starts moving toward your nearest intermodal station, where it will go on a truck to the dealer. The slow spots always seem to be D1, JB, and KZM. I am not sure where you are located, my car traveled about 8 MPH average on the train, so it may take a few weeks to get to your location.

Good luck, congrats, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm in Detroit area so hopefully it will get here soon. Dealer said they have been moving the Scats and SRTs faster than other cars due to higher msrp.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,380 Posts
welcome from ny

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome from Arizona! Like others have pointed out, that seems like a quick turnaround, but who knows these days. Order anything and it is a total gamble on when it will actually arrive, if at all.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
welcome from south florida. congrats

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,110 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Illinois!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Welcome from Lake Orion, Mi. Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dealer called today and said build is still in D1 status, but then said there were notes stating the build has started and is in process. Not sure why the status wouldn't change, but the salesperson seemed in a rush and she was quick to get off the phone. No worries here, but I thought it was strange to call me for that kind of update.

For reference, yesterday she received a 2021 Charger Scat Pack from an order placed first week of September. Maybe they are cranking out the last 2021s to begin 2022s? I just hope they build it for this model year.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts