Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm going to follow this thread to see how long it takes.

Oh by the way, welcome from Scottsdale AZ! I used to live in MI, but couldn't take the snow and cold anymore!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My friend who works at FCA confirmed Brampton Assembly is down this week...dealer text me today that build status remains D1. Getting nervous

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My friend who works at FCA confirmed Brampton Assembly is down this week...dealer text me today that build status remains D1. Getting nervous
At least you got an update. No need to get nervous unless you don't have the time to wait. When I order, I'm going to expect something like a four month turn around. It will probably be less like say two months, but with all the crap going on out there who knows how long it will take. At least you have your order in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, normal people expect the 3-4 month turnaround, and I should know better. But I sold my current vehicle much faster than expected, for a price more than I estimated even with the inflated used market prices. This is a good problem to have, but my only concern is if they cancel the build I want to know sooner so I can pick up one off the lot (and make compromises on not having HIDs).

Dealer said Brampton is back online today so let's see what happens.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered mine on the 28 of September and it’s still waiting on parts I was told today from dodge customer service chat. Idk I’m guessing chips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Dodge chat told me today all necessary materials are available and build is ready to start. No update when that could be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, normal people expect the 3-4 month turnaround, and I should know better. But I sold my current vehicle much faster than expected, for a price more than I estimated even with the inflated used market prices. This is a good problem to have, but my only concern is if they cancel the build I want to know sooner so I can pick up one off the lot (and make compromises on not having HIDs).

Dealer said Brampton is back online today so let's see what happens.
I take it you have another car you can use while you're waiting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Luckily I can drive my dad's car when needed, they live ~1 mile from me.

OC Motivator ordered a 2022 Hellcat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update today from my friend at FCA who found a supply chain dashboard for the plant build process:

Vehicle is still in D1 status with notes "Delay Reason: root cause required". Build is still slotted for 10/19 with delivery date to dealer on 11/1. This makes sense because average time from plant to dealers in this area is 2 weeks.

Very encouraging, but I will feel better once the 19th comes around. He assumes the delay is due to plant shutdown last week, but won't know for sure until the build status changes.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Post up some pics when it comes in. I’d like to tell you hids are a waste of money but I’d be lying. We have three vehicles, a F150, no hids, my Challenger and the wife’s 300c have hids. We live outside of town in a rural area. I don’t think the hids shine down the rode further, but especially on high beams, they shine wider and higher. For example going down a steep hill the hids shine up the other side better instead of just the bottom. Same thing going around sharp corners. The 300c actually moves the headlights to point around corners. I don’t think Challengers do this though. Good luck on getting the new car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Post up some pics when it comes in. I’d like to tell you hids are a waste of money but I’d be lying. We have three vehicles, a F150, no hids, my Challenger and the wife’s 300c have hids. We live outside of town in a rural area. I don’t think the hids shine down the rode further, but especially on high beams, they shine wider and higher. For example going down a steep hill the hids shine up the other side better instead of just the bottom. Same thing going around sharp corners. The 300c actually moves the headlights to point around corners. I don’t think Challengers do this though. Good luck on getting the new car.
Thanks man. I haven't had a car with halogens in over 15 years. Most new cars have LEDs standard, which boggles my mind Dodge is so far behind with technology. Will definitely post pics once delivered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update today from my friend at FCA who found a supply chain dashboard for the plant build process:

Vehicle is still in D1 status with notes "Delay Reason: root cause required". Build is still slotted for 10/19 with delivery date to dealer on 11/1. This makes sense because average time from plant to dealers in this area is 2 weeks.

Very encouraging, but I will feel better once the 19th comes around. He assumes the delay is due to plant shutdown last week, but won't know for sure until the build status changes.
I'm shocked with all this talk of delays that they even estimate such a short period of time like November 1st.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update 10/19: Build status moved to E status on 10/16. ETA has not changed from 11/1 so far. Making good progress.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lucky sob, mine still hasn’t changed I still have no dates yet according to my dealership. What build did you get. Mines 21 rt scatpack ta widebody all black with plus package, alpine 506 watt, driver convenience, nav, sunroof,auto 8 speed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lucky sob, mine still hasn’t changed I still have no dates yet according to my dealership. What build did you get. Mines 21 rt scatpack ta widebody all black with plus package, alpine 506 watt, driver convenience, nav, sunroof,auto 8 speed
Fairly basic build - regular body, 6MT, drivers convenience pack, smoke show paint. The only option I really wanted was HIDs, otherwise I could have gotten a standard base model 6MT. Figured a low optioned one would be build quicker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fairly basic build - regular body, 6MT, drivers convenience pack, smoke show paint. The only option I really wanted was HIDs, otherwise I could have gotten a standard base model 6MT. Figured a low optioned one would be build quicker.
Welcome from Alabama. Pics of that Beast when it arrives! :p (y)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts