Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to admit, it took me a while to start modding my Challenger until I took the plunge over the last 2 weeks and got a few out of the way. I really didn't want to do a few things that were required to install some of my mods. I was concerned that I would screw up an OEM part or feature and hate myself for it.

But the spot welds on the exhaust tips had to be cut to install the Mopar tips, and a very slight gamble had to be made to knock out my OEM center caps (and hopefully not break them) and mount my staticaps in their place. And after I had overcome these very small psychological barriers, guess what? I'm now on a mod tear.

I opened the garage today and looked at my Challenger and ticked off what's coming next. Installing a CAI and mounting my Air/Oil Separator (catch-can) are at the top of my list. After that (or maybe concurrently) I will also consider replacing the throttle-body with an 85mm. And hey, while I'm at it, might as well make the plunge and buy a trinity tuner, right? Then I will take time to save up for a Corsa or Borla exhaust system and contemplate if I really want to lower the coil-over springs.

It doesn't help that many of YOU whom I met at SF9 last week not only fueled my desire to mod by shamelessly showing off your customized engine bays and roaring exhaust notes emanating from throaty aftermarket exhaust systems, but did you also had to enable my addiction by not only telling me it was OK, but also asking why not?

I knew that buying the actual Challenger would be the cheapest element of this long term buy...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
Hey no worries! Look at all the expensive hobbies that other people engage in. Hunting and fishing (I know from personal experience those can be very expensive), golf, model trains, collecting stuff, etc. Just look at modding as your hobby and you won't need to feel like you have to justify it! Ha!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
HAHA! I know what you mean John! When I joined this forum, I wanted to add just one feature to my Challenger....a custom stainless grill. I did that, and now I just passed the $3,250 mark with the purchase of my Trinity!
Mod on!!!!:smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
HAHA! I know what you mean John! When I joined this forum, I wanted to add just one feature to my Challenger....a custom stainless grill. I did that, and now I just passed the $3,250 mark with the purchase of my Trinity!
Mod on!!!!:smileup:
Susie, at $3250 your a saint compared to me!!:7309300734: its addicting!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not Mod. We all love our cars and we spend a lot of time with them. Besides, you might as well spoil yourself, no one else is going to do it for you and no one knows what you really like but you.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
When I purchased my car I really had no idea about modding... But after I joined the Z I think I may have caught the mod bug sickness, all it took was a couple of interior upgrades and I was hooked. I had big plans, but those changed as all my money is going to a new plan I have. All the same, the mod bug remains... dormant... but it is there! :budo:

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
What you have to watch out for is as follows.

Mods R/T 2010: Corsa exhaust, sequential tail lights, door sill guards, skip shift eliminator, American racing wheels, complete under hood billet kit color red, InJen Powerflow CAI, Pettys' front strut tower brace, 300 dollar speedlogix fuse box cover, custom floor mats, Carbon Fiber Hood graphic, Chromed and stamped engine half colors and then!! Voila!

Car paid off, traded in and moved up to an SRT.

:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I know all about this all too well! LOL closing in on 6k in six months. I just about out of mod money now. So I will be slowing down considerably now...

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
This thread made me look at my Challenger spreadsheet where I keep details on what I spend....my mods total is just under $23K. Holy Crap! Why did I look at that spreadsheet? I usually don't look at the totals page, only the various interior, exterior, engine, electronics ones.

·
Registered
282 Posts
...I'm just gettin' started too!

Calling him the MOD bug is inappropriate. I'm officially changing it going forward to the mod SHARK.

He gnaws at you for awhile before he sinks his teeth in your wallet reaL deep...
:shrk:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
This thread made me look at my Challenger spreadsheet where I keep details on what I spend....my mods total is just under $23K. Holy Crap! Why did I look at that spreadsheet? I usually don't look at the totals page, only the various interior, exterior, engine, electronics ones.
Too funny, I thought I was the only one anal enough to create a spreadsheet. I have done the exact same thing, columns for interior, exterior, performance (engine, under hood, exhaust, handling).

I also started a Word document that I will eventually post as a new thread that will list each mod, cost, where I bought it, how long it took to install, a review of the product, pics, video etc. I have it started and up to date thus far and it will be a detailed and lengthy thread with honest reviews and feedback on products and how to and how and what not to. Maybe save people some time and money.

·
Registered
282 Posts
...eventually post as a new thread that will list each mod, cost, where I bought it, how long it took to install, a review of the product, pics, video etc. I have it started and up to date thus far and it will be a detailed and lengthy thread with honest reviews and feedback on products and how to and how and what not to. Maybe save people some time and money.
That's a great idea on the thread share...Jina is on my radar and i would not have found her if it not for the Z. I'm sure many others have great info to share and to have a one stop thread similar to the "less than $50.00 mod", would be a quick go to place for all...not just the newbs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd send you rep points (if I knew how to do it), just for the thread idea!

·
Registered
282 Posts
thx Dodgeboy!...I was just perusing around and hadn't located the info yet.

**EDIT**
Dodge and HemiO...points added for you both. I'm a little bit smarter now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts