Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 2013 RT and the paint has an oxidized look to it. I have tried different products to try to get the smooth black finish it should have. Does any one else have this and how did you fix it? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I don't have this problem but I use a good polish on mine and it might help you out some. I dont sell it but my good friend on here does. if interested in pm me and I will turn you on to it

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I have a black 2013 RT and the paint has an oxidized look to it. I have tried different products to try to get the smooth black finish it should have. Does any one else have this and how did you fix it? :4-dontknow:
Oxidation is highly unlikely, given that your black 2013 has a clearcoat layer that shouldn't oxidize. A friend of mine at work once asked me to help him with oxidation on his dark grey vehicle. There were indeed some areas were duller than the surrounding paint, but still had some gloss to it. Turns out the dull areas were sanding marks that had never been "pulled out". The previous owner of the vehicle likely wetsanded out some scratches before he sold the car to my friend and just never finished the job.

We were able to correct it with a machine rotary polisher, a wool cutting pad, and compound/polish. You may want to contact a professional detailer and have them assess the paint on your vehicle. It may be a very inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This could be so many things. One it is probably not oxidation, newer paints don't do that as quick as you saying. Could be deposits due to water you use to wash or something from an outside source? I think I would go to a good detailer and get an opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know it is not actually oxidation but that is what it looks like. I took it to a body shop today to see what they can do for it. I want it right for HRPT or I will leave it home and take my Vette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts