Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up with the code P0016 and the traction control light at the same time while sitting in slow traffic. I have a 2010 3.5L with 50,000 miles. I changed the cam and crank sensors. Also looked at the timing belt, it looks good. The code has been cleared twice and come back on right away. It also will not go above 2000 rpms. It is not under warranty any longer so I'm trying to do everything that I can do before taking it to a dealer. Does anyone have any idea what else I can look at or try? Also do you think that the code and traction control light are related or just coincidence?
Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,565 Posts
Based on what I read on our Charger sister site a couple of people had this happen to them. What happened was the water pump was leaking some and the timing belt got wet and slipped one tooth off so you may need to head to your dealer or trusted mechanic.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
2010's had a 5 year/100000 mile powertrain warranty so if you're close I would press this at the dealership.
Oh ok wasn't sure about the 2010s thanks for clearing that up Joe, hopefully inferno's close and its still covered.

Reactions: jkelly16
1 - 5 of 5 Posts