Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got a little issue I’ve got a lot 2010 challenger 5.7 and I did the 6.4 intake swap. But when it came to the wiring I tried to tap in to my #8 injector plug and now I’m having all sorts of issues

these are the codes I’m throwing

P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0202 Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0203 Cylinder 3 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0204 Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0205 Cylinder 5 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0206 Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0207 Cylinder 7 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0208 Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit Malfunction

P3838
U3FFF

could I have killed my pcm?

thanks for any advice in advance

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So got a little issue I’ve got a lot 2010 challenger 5.7 and I did the 6.4 intake swap. But when it came to the wiring I tried to tap in to my #8 injector plug and now I’m having all sorts of issues

these are the codes I’m throwing

P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0202 Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0203 Cylinder 3 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0204 Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0205 Cylinder 5 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0206 Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0207 Cylinder 7 Injector Circuit Malfunction
P0208 Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit Malfunction

P3838
U3FFF

could I have killed my pcm?

thanks for any advice in advance
Tap into the #8 injector plug for what reason? Can you "untap" and see what happens?

My best info is the P3838 is probably the result of the P201-P0208 codes.

U3FFF is IIRC not a valid code. The code reader may be the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got that issues fixed I can read a rpm signal now but the car is throwing all kinds of codes and it’s not letting her run right just didn’t know if there’s a way I could short out the PCM

Tap into the #8 injector plug for what reason? Can you "untap" and see what happens?

My best info is the P3838 is probably the result of the P201-P0208 codes.

U3FFF is IIRC not a valid code. The code reader may be the problem.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Got that issues fixed I can read a rpm signal now but the car is throwing all kinds of codes and it’s not letting her run right just didn’t know if there’s a way I could short out the PCM
Anytime you touch a wiring harness connector there's the risk of a static discharge into a pin or socket in the connector housing. A number of these run straight to the PCM. A fuel injector is controlled directly by an output from the PCM. (Though I have no wiring diagram of the PCM to confirm this but generally this is the way this works.) So the risk you shorted out the PCM is certainly present, was present. Whether you did or not I am not able to say.

Something to try would be to remove the tap to the #8 injector and be sure the injector connector and the wiring harness connector are secure -- same goes for any other connectors you had apart -- then see if sans the tap for RPMs any thing improves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got an extra pcm coming I’m gonna try that also

Anytime you touch a wiring harness connector there's the risk of a static discharge into a pin or socket in the connector housing. A number of these run straight to the PCM. A fuel injector is controlled directly by an output from the PCM. (Though I have no wiring diagram of the PCM to confirm this but generally this is the way this works.) So the risk you shorted out the PCM is certainly present, was present. Whether you did or not I am not able to say.

Something to try would be to remove the tap to the #8 injector and be sure the injector connector and the wiring harness connector are secure -- same goes for any other connectors you had apart -- then see if sans the tap for RPMs any thing improves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts