Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my engine light came on today, showing the code as p0296 I only have 44k miles on my 2010 RT so I'm not quite sure how this would happen. The only mods on my car are eibach prolines mopar intake and the Hurst short throw. I only run premium gas and I change the oil at the dealership very 3k miles with their mopar recommended oil. So enough back story on my car, what's going on, can anyone help me?

Code reader said
Post catalyst fuel trim system too lean
Bank 1

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
It sounds like you may have a bad O2 sensor on the downstream side of your catalytic converter (left or right I can't say).
I'd first check each side to make sure the downstream side O2 sensor wiring harness didn't get melted and short on the exhaust.
Remove the connector and make sure the connection is clean and uncorroded.
If the code continues to persist you may have a bad O2 sensor.
Not too bad of a fix - it's like changing a spark plug - but those buggers can be a (insert explative here) to get out after some miles.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
That code is more than likely the o2 sensor, like Jon said. Spark Plugs should not cause that, although you are about 15K over the recommended service interval for Spark plugs on an R/T.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
So my engine light came on today, showing the code as p0296 I only have 44k miles on my 2010 RT so I'm not quite sure how this would happen. The only mods on my car are eibach prolines mopar intake and the Hurst short throw. I only run premium gas and I change the oil at the dealership very 3k miles with their mopar recommended oil. So enough back story on my car, what's going on, can anyone help me?

Code reader said
Post catalyst fuel trim system too lean
Bank 1

Have light come back on then take it to a dealer thats my suggestion , lean bank 1 will usually mean O2 sensor which would be covered under emissions warranty. unless you used tapered seat plugs or platinum in the 5.7?
:pop:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.