Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just got my 2008 Hemi Orange SRT this week and absolutely love the beast!

The car has been treated extremely well by the previous owner but there are a few paint chips, fender edsy by the wheel well and a chip on the door. Otherwise the paint is in in excellent shape.

Does anyone have any recommends for a paint chip fix?
Any DIY solutions that actually look decent and won't attract attention?

Being a newbie to having a nice looking car definitely interested in your advice.
I'm in Southern California, LA specifically.

Thanks all!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,848 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2008 SRT!!! Do you have the number on the inside indicating which one it is out of the total made? That is so cool and unique to the 2008's!
You can go to Dr. Colorchip.com and buy the hemi orange paint chip repair kit. It works!!! It comes with the touch up paint, the fluid to remove the excess and full instructions. I have used it many times and it works!!! You can cover a chip more that once to get your desired result. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys!
Thanks for info and welcomes.

Looking into Dr. Colorchip now, watched a demo online and can't say it doesn't make me nervous squirting paint onto the car. But what hell I guess!

To answer your question the number on the car is 1545 of 6400 and I agree it's pretty cool they numbered the cars that year.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Definitely Dr Colorchip. Don't be worried about the application. You cannot hurt the surrounding paint at all.

I wrap the rag used to remove the excess around a solid foam block. Wet it with the removal solution and carefully wipe it over the chip area. That way you don't dig out the paint used to fill in the chips with.

I have found that you can fill over the top of the same chip about 3 times in one sitting, then stop for the day and let the paint cure. You can come back to it and continue filling the next day until it's completely level with the surrounding paint for a near perfect repair.

It really is an excellent product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.