Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has had their Challenger or other car coated with Opticoat or CQuartz or any of the other coatings available. I have CQuartz Finest installed on my Brilliant Black 2008 and absolutely love it. I do know that when I tell people no need to ever wax they will not believe it. But it is true so far at least. I also know some just love waxing their Challenger and seeing that shine come back. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has had their Challenger or other car coated with Opticoat or CQuartz or any of the other coatings available. I have CQuartz Finest installed on my Brilliant Black 2008 and absolutely love it. I do know that when I tell people no need to ever wax they will not believe it. But it is true so far at least. I also know some just love waxing their Challenger and seeing that shine come back. Any opinions?
I use cquartz dlux on my wheels and all my exterior plastic trim. As far as the paint goes I'm one of those hands on guys. I clay bar and put 2 coats

of paint sealant on every spring. Then its caranuba pretty close to every weekend until november. A waste of product for sure. It's my "garage therapy"

For those who don't wish to spend time waxing, a coating is perfect. Prep is everything just like anything else. Clay-decontaminate-polish-paint cleanse-coat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the prep part, the installer I used washed with IronX and then two stage polish then paint cleanse with Carpro Eraser then two coats CQuartz Finest. Beautiful! Oddly enough won't do this to my 70 Dart, it remains my "garage therapy"

·
Registered
171 Posts
I Opticoated my previous SXT. It looked amazing but only because of the 18 hours of prep I put into it. That paint was perfect. It was pitch black but looked like a mirror. I kept it a year after opticoating it as a Daily Driver through a tough winter and with proper washing, it didn't have a swirl or mark on it when I sold it! :smileup:

Haven't done anything aside from waxing the new RT yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Opticoated my previous SXT. It looked amazing but only because of the 18 hours of prep I put into it. That paint was perfect. It was pitch black but looked like a mirror. I kept it a year after opticoating it as a Daily Driver through a tough winter and with proper washing, it didn't have a swirl or mark on it when I sold it! :smileup:

Haven't done anything aside from waxing the new RT yet.
I see your's is black also and anything that can help avoid swirls I was willing to try. When I bought mine it was 5 years old and only 5000 miles and the guy said how careful he was when washing and waxing, it was full of swirls. So I just had to have a paint correction done. I am not one of those willing to try that on my own especially on black. Since I had that done decided to go with CQuartz Finest which is only applied by authorized detailers. The paint correction the guy did and the coating BLEW ME AWAY! Worth every penny. So now: filtered water when I wash, two bucket wash method, lambs wool mitt, top of the line microfibers, and I even use a blower to shed even more water. The less you touch the surface the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts