Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random story of the day I purchased my challenger.

I just had a salesman help me pull my stuff from my old car that I had traded in, over into my new challenger. We shook hands and I tell him thankyou for helping sell me this car. I climb in to get ready to head home which is about 3 hours away. I sit there for a moment and admire the car, and take in the new car smell. I'm very stoked because this is my first V8 automobile. First thing I do is pair my phone via Bluetooth to the car so I can play music for my drive home. Now I honestly listen mostly to 99% hip hop/rap and drum and bass. On my Pandora playlist I have a single station that isn't rap or D&B for Creedence Clearwater revival just cause I like a lil bit of old rock every once in a while. I set Pandora to random all my stations and somehow out of that 99% rap/drum and bass it ends up playing first out the gate Steppenwolf's born to be wild. I'm 33 so it was made WELL before my existence, but of course due to culture/movies or what not I have heard it before but had no actual emotion bond to it. At that moment however that song took on a whole new meaning to me. I could actually feel it for a change. It just felt great when I pulled out of the dealership onto the onramp and climbed up to hit 75mph. I was actually kind of sad when it went off, but then Pandora threw me another song to cheer me up. Ice Cube's today was a good day. :wavey:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
It's amazing how the right song at the right time can mentally transport you into your own world! Especially when driving one of these cars!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My first song that played when I first drove my car off the lot was Judas Priest-you've got another thing comin'. Cruising down the highway at the time, looked at my speed and was going 85, hypothetically.

But yeah, seems at the right time, a certain song comes on when purchasing a car like the Challenger.:smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Cool story! I can pretty much remember the first song I listened to in every car I've owned....something about music and horsepower!:smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
I find it interesting that at your age, you had a connection with a song made popular in the '60's! The rock music from that era just begs to be heard when driving a Challenger!

·
Registered
20 Posts
HAHA Thats awesome!! Your car chose that one! Great story! Mine was an iPod random out of 3400 songs... Kid Rocks AMERICAN BADASS!!! Thats been her song ever since.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Wonderful story! :smileup:

I didn't listen to any song though, I turned the radio off and just listened to the sweet sounds of the engine as I was driving down the highway after first purchasing my SXT! I plan on doing the same when I upgrade to the R/T!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
o yea I like my music but I really like the sound of my motor a lot better. just something about that hemi

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I honestly cannot remember the first song that played on my Challenger. I was so wrapped up in the whole experience that music was pretty low on the list--even though I love music. I rarely crank up the music as I still, to this day, prefer the Hemi growling through the Flowmaster 40's.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I can't remember the first song I heard in my Challenger after I bought her, but I do remember the first song I played from my MP3 player. Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride.

I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here

Now I know that sound machine refers to lead singer John Kay's home stereo system from which he first played the band's demo tape of Magic Carpet Ride before writing the lyrics, but to me a Hemi is a definitive sound machine.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
I can't remember the first song I heard in my Challenger after I bought her, but I do remember the first song I played from my MP3 player. Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride.

I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here

Now I know that sound machine refers to lead singer John Kay's home stereo system from which he first played the band's demo tape of Magic Carpet Ride before writing the lyrics, but to me a Hemi is a definitive sound machine.
Well John, that just makes my day! That song is on one of my many ipod playlists, from 1968, "Betty's '68 Oldies". That is the year I graduated from high school. I knew the year it was recorded, but not the stuff you wrote about John Kay! Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also tend to prefer the sound of the 6.1, but I have Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" queued up on the hard drive for my first ride out this Spring!

For those not familiar, as in some of you young bucks, check it out.
"Surprisingly, this is the first song by Led Zeppelin ever used in a commercial. I would never have guessed that, but when Cadillac decided in 2002 that this was going to be the song that launched the new “Breakthrough” ad campaign for Cadillac, history was being made in more ways that one. Of course Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll” is a song that has been a staple in rock and roll history for decades, but was never a top 10 hit. In fact, it had a hard time cracking the top 40 in most cases."

AND Spring cannot come quick enough for me!

Vehicle owned - 7 months
Time driven - 4 months
Hibernation time - 3 months and counting (Arrrgghh!!)

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
I also tend to prefer the sound of the 6.1, but I have Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" queued up on the hard drive for my first ride out this Spring!

For those not familiar, as in some of you young bucks, check it out.
"Surprisingly, this is the first song by Led Zeppelin ever used in a commercial. I would never have guessed that, but when Cadillac decided in 2002 that this was going to be the song that launched the new “Breakthrough” ad campaign for Cadillac, history was being made in more ways that one. Of course Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll” is a song that has been a staple in rock and roll history for decades, but was never a top 10 hit. In fact, it had a hard time cracking the top 40 in most cases."

AND Spring cannot come quick enough for me!

Vehicle owned - 7 months
Time driven - 4 months
Hibernation time - 3 months and counting (Arrrgghh!!)
I'm listening to it right now, and ready to get going down the road! We are going to be in the 50's today, 65 tomorrow! Fun!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm listening to it right now, and ready to get going down the road! We are going to be in the 50's today, 65 tomorrow! Fun!!!!!!!
"It's been a long time since I rock and rolled,
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has." - Rock and Roll, Led Zeppelin

Have fun & enjoy!! Too much salt, cinders & treament on the roads here. Not to mention the potholes from all the salt & cold.

Unfortunately for me, gonna probably be May before I can RELEASE THE BEAST!

Enjoy the Spring fever!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Now I honestly listen mostly to 99% hip hop/rap and drum and bass. On my Pandora playlist I have a single station that isn't rap or D&B for Creedence Clearwater revival just cause I like a lil bit of old rock every once in a while. I set Pandora to random all my stations and somehow out of that 99% rap/drum and bass it ends up playing first out the gate Steppenwolf's born to be wild. :wavey:
The car Gods were giving you a hint of what you SHOULD be listening too!!!
Hip Hop :shakehead:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car Gods were giving you a hint of what you SHOULD be listening too!!!
Hip Hop :shakehead:
lol can't help it. grew up with my parents listening to soul and funk in the 80's so I of course slid into rap music being a youngin and all. I never could deny classic rock however. It was just feel good music.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
First song I heard....really when I turned on satellite radio was the intro to Gimme Shelter by the stones. What a great cruisin' song! I could picture it being dark, the intro plays and the challengers lights go on from a close front view. Gave me goose bumps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts