Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share these screenshots of Closed Loop Part Throttle Boost Fuel Enrichment from my tune that AJ did with Arrington. This is a huge deal when driving a Boosted Non-Forged Motor on the Street. Thanks goes out to AJ and Crew for an amazing tune, I have great drivability, way above HP & TQ, and amazingly very conservative and safe tune.

·
12,990 Posts
Thats very interesting Stewart, i can see how that is important for someone like me,
When i had my Dyno tune done at HHP all i got was the A/F and Boost readings.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for posting this; I have been researching trying to figure out which S/C to install on my car (still debating) and also which shop will give me the most engine friendly tune.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats very interesting Stewart, i can see how that is important for someone like me,
When i had my Dyno tune done at HHP all i got was the A/F and Boost readings.
Those screenshots are from Logging Part Throttle Boost with Trinity and DS Dataviewer. You can Log this info yourself and see if you are getting fuel enrichment during a Part Throttle Boost scenario. If you do not see a richer fuel mixture then there is a huge risk of combustion temps being too high. High combustion temps mixed with too much timing and KNK breaks pistons.

·
12,990 Posts
Those screenshots are from Logging Part Throttle Boost with Trinity and DS Dataviewer. You can Log this info yourself and see if you are getting fuel enrichment during a Part Throttle Boost scenario. If you do not see a richer fuel mixture then there is a huge risk of combustion temps being too high. High combustion temps mixed with too much timing and KNK breaks pistons.

Thats nice to know Stewart, i want to get a bit more experienced with the Trinity and learn to do those things, Josh at HHP said he didn't think i would have any problems with the tune i have now but you never know, these other things seem like a good thing to do for piece of mind. im getting my safety loop installed on Tuesday and im hoping to hit the track next weekend weather permitting to see what kind of times my car can do now, but im definitely going for the A/F and Boost gauges and a Arrington fuel pump real soon.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I wanted to share these screenshots of Closed Loop Part Throttle Boost Fuel Enrichment from my tune that AJ did with Arrington. This is a huge deal when driving a Boosted Non-Forged Motor on the Street. Thanks goes out to AJ and Crew for an amazing tune, I have great drivability, way above HP & TQ, and amazingly very conservative and safe tune.

Very good post - the part throttle issue is really important on boosted applications, yet not as many people know about it that should - at least until its too late. Data logging is critical to review.

Alan - would be interesting to see how your tune profile at different throttle positions compares (HHP's tune to Arrington's tune).

This thread is very helpful for those of us planning our own S/C conversion (mine later this year) - thank you both very much for this and other threads/posts!

Andres

1 - 6 of 6 Posts