Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger RT, JLT Oil CC, AFE GT Momentum CAI
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had continuous trouble with the fuse blowing in their passenger side charging port? The only thing I have charged in at random times has been my cell phone charger. It will be fine for a month or so and then the fuse blows again. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,687 Posts
Does the fuse always blow with the same charger?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the fuse always blow with the same charger?
Yes. It always blows with the same charger. I use that same charger in the charging port inside of the center console and I never have an issue. I'm using the factory spec 20 amp fuse.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Try a different charger in that port and see what happens. Are both ports 20a?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
That is weird man. I have 2 things plugged into mine all the time. I bought a thing that turns it into 2 ports, and have my radar detector and dashcam both plugged in all the time. And I have never blown a fuse.

Reactions: CaptScat345

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yes, they're both 20 amp fuses.
I would try a different charger in the port that is problematic. And see what happens when you use your regular charger in the other port. The fuse will only blow if there is a short or extreme draw.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would try a different charger in the port that is problematic. And see what happens when you use your regular charger in the other port. The fuse will only blow if there is a short or extreme draw.
I'll try a different charger and see what happens.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is weird man. I have 2 things plugged into mine all the time. I bought a thing that turns it into 2 ports, and have my radar detector and dashcam both plugged in all the time. And I have never blown a fuse.
Yeah I thought the same thing. I'll try a different charger and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts