Pedal Commander

Discussion in 'Challenger Performance Mods - Engine - SXT - 3.6L' started by shooterjgs, Jun 9, 2017.

1. twomedic

twomedic New Member Public Safety

Vehicle?:
    Challenger GT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    GT
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Received my PC from Sean today! Five minute install and OMG!! It's awesome and like driving a whole new car!

Granite Ghost and shooterjgs like this.
  2. shooterjgs

shooterjgs Active Member Military

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Yep... Gives the car that get up and go NOW... LoL...

Granite Ghost and twomedic like this.
  3. gmatriix

gmatriix New Member

Vehicle?:
    Dodge Charger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Who do you think has the better set up? PC or Sprint Boosters new one?

They told me:
    "Yes, there should be an additional throttle response with the Version 3 (V3). According to our supplier, the Version 2 would be comparable to Level 5 in both Sport and Race Mode." There is a level 9....hmmmm??

shooterjgs likes this.
  4. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    They're probably pretty much the same... I like the pedal commander cause that's what I've got and it's sold by Sean/Hemifever but they're probably the same or close cause I have no experience on the sprint booster... Although pedal commander has got alot of settings to chose from 4 levels and 8 within each level 36 all together.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. Granite Ghost

Granite Ghost Member Public Safety

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    +1.... I'm sure they both work the same. I like the looks of the PC better. The SB looks a little thicker and bulkier, but they're both pretty small. I don't really like the low tech 1990's looking big red l.e.d. number on the SB, but that's a personal preference, and you can turn the LED display off once you've locked in your settings. The biggest difference still seems to be the finer adjustment levels of the Pedal Commander. 32 levels of adjustment vs only 18 for the SB, because SB splits theirs by making you choose which transmission you're using. Not sure what the difference is that requires that different setting, since all it's controlling is throttle pedal position and sensitivity settings. PC allows for turning DOWN your throttle response too (eco mode), where SB doesn't. Someone mentioned maybe using that to help control wheel spin when drag racing on street tires but I don't know if that would work. A couple of extras SB has that PC doesn't are Pedal Lock (PIN number protected lock mode that won't allow the car to accelerate...an additional anti theft feature) and Valet Mode, (limits how much acceleration is allowed-not recommended for actual driving or use in steep ramp parking garages). I wouldn't mind having the pedal lock mode, but I think I could probably just use the low-end Eco Mode on the Pedal Commander to soften acceleration for use by valet drivers while still keeping it driveable on the street. If I were still shopping I'd definitely look at all the features and compare, because while they are very similar in how they control the throttle, they do have a few notable differences.

shooterjgs likes this.
  6. Granite Ghost

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Oh...and with the discount code from Hemifever, the PC is cheaper. ;)

shooterjgs likes this.
  7. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Sounds like a win (discount) win... But yea... I like the PC display and look also. :cool:

Granite Ghost likes this.
  8. gmatriix

gmatriix New Member

Vehicle?:
    Dodge Charger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    how much cheaper? I can get SB for $279.00

Can PC be stand alone? without controller?

9. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    If I remember it was a 10% discount... So it came out to like 270... Good price.

10. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Hmm... Don't know... They'd (PC) probaby be the ones to answer that...

11. Granite Ghost

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Yep, $269.99, with free shipping.

Re; using stand alone... not sure what you mean. Both units are just a plug/splice in wiring harness that puts the controller in line with the throttle pedal harness. The controller basically receives the incoming pedal position signal, then recalibrates it, then sends it on to the ECU. You can't remove the controller without removing the whole thing. Without the controller, it's just wires and plugs inserted inline with the pedal's harness.

Now that you bring it up, though, I see why the question, and it points out another thing I think I like better about the PC. The SB has its extension/interface harness, plugging into the pedal plug and the main harness plug. THEN you plug the separate wires from the controller into that interface harness. But I'm guessing that interface harness does NOTHING without the controller attached. It ONLY provides a way for the control unit to plug in to the pedal's stock wiring harness, so I'm pretty sure it couldn't function without the controller attached.
    With the PC, rather than having a separate wire and plug from controller to the pedal's harness, it's all one hard wired assembly. It's all smaller and more streamlined than the SB. You just plug in the two plugs between the stock harness and the pedal, and you're good to go. But even with it's separate plug, I don't think the SB can work without the controller attached. To me, the PC's integral setup seems slightly sturdier than SB's separate plug and wires. BUT, one thing I do like better, though it's minor, is that the wiring coming to the SB controller comes from the bottom, so it's easier to place the controller where ever you want. With the PC, the wiring comes in from the left side of the controller, which makes wire routing and controller placement slightly more awkward if you're trying to dash mount it. But that is a minor thing, and I still lean towards the overall design and function of the PC. But then again, I already have the PC. :)

shooterjgs likes this.
  12. Derecho

Derecho New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I received my Pedal Commander about 3 weeks ago for my 2016 SXT Plus Challenger and wanted to test it out before I weighed in with my opinion. I used the discount code SEPT30 to get $30 off so it was $269 with free shipping from their website.

I'm here to confirm that even though some people claim this doesn't improve performance by the numbers, it certainly does by the "seat of the pants" meter! Driveability is drastically improved and results in a car that drives night and day better than it was stock. Your mind, right foot and the car are perfectly in sync once you set this thing up right.

Here's my installation and PedComm setup story...

The installation is super easy and just pulled the two plastic pins out of the hard board panel above the brake and throttle pedal and removed it for perfect access to the connector points. I then ran my cable/fob up to the webbed storage pouch on the side of my 2016 Challenger SXT Plus console. To start off conservatively I initially set it to City mode and went for a ride. I noticed an immediate increase in throttle response and it really made a difference in the driveability of my car. The car felt a lot tighter in regards to what my right foot wanted it to do and the way it actually performed. Next I gradually tried each of the 4+ settings on City mode and the #4 setting is what I found was best for my 2016 3.6 V6 car. The car is just a pleasure to drive now and so much more responsive to drive than it was before. The trans also seems to shift better now and doesn't lug where it used to before when pressing the throttle pedal. I had no idea this thing would transform driveablity like it does - one of my best upgrades to this point.

In case anyones wondering I tried it with the "Sport" setting and the throttle was getting just a little bit too hectic for my taste. The PedComm "Sport" setting and any setting above that would be what you'd probably want to use when drag racing at the strip, but as far as street use goes it's got a bit too much sensitivity and the trans keeps the RPM's too high in each gear at times.

In conclusion I highly recommend the Pedal Commander for those of us with the Pentastar V6 - just make sure you check out their Facebook page or email them for the current discount code.

Granite Ghost and shooterjgs like this.
  13. gmatriix

gmatriix New Member

Vehicle?:
    Dodge Charger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I have had SB for about 2 years now and I love it! V2....I can't see driving my car without it...well V3 is out and I was looking into buying it....but then I heard about PC....so I started looking into it....seems the same except for few feature differences.....I guess it a matter of preference....I have have had a great experience with SB so I am partial to that...but not married...I just don't know who has the best throttle response....features and design aside...

If you turn PC all the way up....do you spin the tires?

shooterjgs likes this.
  14. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Awh yea... My tires will break loose on city plus on sport no doubt... Puts a smile on my face every time... :)

15. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Another thing to look at is PC has a 30 day no questions asked return guarantee and a two year warranty on top of that... That was another selling point for me...

16. Granite Ghost

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    lol.... shooter, quit bragging. You have a tune installed too. hahahaha.

BUT, gmatriix, yes, even without a tune, I notice I get wheel spin noticeably easier when launching. It's not that there is more power, it's just that what power we have gets to the wheels quicker, with less hesitation. So it won't turn your car into a burnout machine, but it will definitely cut out all the hesitation, lag, and mush in the throttle. :)

Derecho and shooterjgs like this.
  17. shooterjgs

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    LoL... Yes the tune does help... ;)

18. Granite Ghost

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Ok, so all this Pedal Commander talk fired me up to go out and actually mount mine, instead of just tucking it in to the little mesh pocket. It also changed my mind about how the wiring enters the controller. I thought I'd like the SB wiring coming up from the bottom better, but the left side wiring of the PC actually worked great. I tucked it all up underneath, routed it up through the steering column hole, and mounted it on the dash with the wiring pretty much invisible. I can see the controller and make adjustments on the fly, but it looks clean and streamlined. Yeah, I'm liking it even more now. ;)

22500780_10203715438442877_195121537_n.jpg
    22472535_10203715438522879_1359214500_n.jpg

twomedic and shooterjgs like this.
  19. Granite Ghost

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    In theory, both should give the same throttle response capability, but also in theory, the PC has more levels of adjustment, so you could likely fine tune that response in smaller increments to find your perfect sweet spot.

shooterjgs likes this.
  20. gmatriix

gmatriix New Member

Vehicle?:
    Dodge Charger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Ok...thinking about hooking them both up....lol PC and V2 SB together....ha ha....Sprint Commander!

Seriously tho....On their website ...did look like they had my year 2014 Charger...~shrug~

shooterjgs likes this.