Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
247 Posts
OK? Ultra Platinum jugs are $25 at Walmart every single day, and a Purolator One filter is $9 bucks.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK? Ultra Platinum jugs are $25 at Walmart every single day, and a Purolator One filter is $9 bucks.
Good to know because I didn't when I posted this. It just looked like a good deal to me after paying $105 to have my oil changed at the dealership during my recent clutch crisis.

But I checked out Walmart.com and noted that Wally actually sells the 5 gallon jug of Pennzoil Ultra for $26.44, and the PurolatorOne filter for a 6.4L Hemi for $11.79, and $10.24 for the 5.7L. So the differences between Autozone and Walmart prices are relatively approximate. Good find.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,457 Posts
Good to know because I didn't when I posted this. It just looked like a good deal to me after paying $105 to have my oil changed at the dealership during my recent clutch crisis.

But I checked out Walmart.com and noted that Wally actually sells the 5 gallon jug of Pennzoil Ultra for $26.44, and the PurolatorOne filter for a 6.4L Hemi for $11.79, and $10.24 for the 5.7L. So the differences between Autozone and Walmart prices are relatively approximate. Good find.
That oil is not the recommended oil for the 6.2 or 6.4. This is the recommended oil
It is not sold in 5qt jugs.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
Another place to check it believe it or not is Homedepot!!! I got mine on Sale there last oil change for 18,99 on sale.
Where i got my last oil change...

$25.97

$19.48

$25.97

$19.48

·
Registered
3,577 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,457 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,060 Posts
Yes, I only use ULTRA platinum. I am sure the platinum is great oil. But I want to see "Exclusively Recommended for SRT Vehicle Engines" on the label!

Sleeve Rectangle Font Electric blue Event

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 Full Synthetics for many years and has always served me well . A very close friend built Nascar motors for years and all he ever used . Good enough for those high performing motors good enough for me. I catch the 5qrt jugs on sale at Walmart and grab a couple at a time .

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,084 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 Full Synthetics for many years and has always served me well . A very close friend built Nascar motors for years and all he ever used . Good enough for those high performing motors good enough for me. I catch the 5qrt jugs on sale at Walmart and grab a couple at a time .
And yet with another brand of car for which the factory filled the new engines with Mobil 1 0w-40 many owners sought out a different oil. Apparently the fact the factory used Mobil 1 0w-40 oil as a factory fill oil and had it listed -- along with a good number of other oils -- on its approved oils list was enough for some owners to believe Mobil 1 0w-40 oil was unsuitable.

Some owners went with some oil BMW used in its M engines. Others opted to use the oil Ferrari recommended for its engines. And some owners even opted to use a truck turbo diesel oil.

Madness. Sheer madness...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,927 Posts
Oh No!
Another oil thread!
Mines better than yours, Yak, Yak, Yak!
You should use what Dodge says, Yak, Yak, Yak!
I use this, I use that, Blah, Blah, Blah!
We all use what we use, and probably, won't change either! :ROFLMAO: Ry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts