21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,060 Posts
Oh No!
Another oil thread!
Mines better than yours, Yak, Yak, Yak!
You should use what Dodge says, Yak, Yak, Yak!
I use this, I use that, Blah, Blah, Blah!
We all use what we use, and probably, won't change either! :ROFLMAO: Ry
Yep, just glad I have the choices of all the modern oils. Could be 1969 again and had to use what was on the shelf then.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
Yep, just glad I have the choices of all the modern oils. Could be 1969 again and had to use what was on the shelf then.
Pretty much same up through to the 80's. Back then my Favorites were Valvoline, and Havoline brands, worse
were Quakerstate and the early Pennzoil the Wax in them use to sludge engines bad unless you changed your
oil in about half the time.

The Newer Machining of Drive Train Componets and technologies in oil have really changed dramatically.
Also on some older Engines they do not like the Synthetics unless you get them freshly Machined and Rebuilt.
Seals / Gaskets have also had a factor on that. Older Cork works better with Conventional as it helps seals
the Cork Material where Synthetics bleed through.

If you like a Brand and it works fine stick to it. I do keep reading up and seeing feedback by actual owners vs
Lab Test from Controlled Enviroments.

Filters also have changed through the Years get whats on Sale, Fram, Motorcraft, AC Delco, Wix, Purolator,
STP as most of them back in the day were WIX MFG. Today some companies do go the distance on MFG quailty
but what works best for some not so much for others. For Instance I will not touch a K&N filter wont argue with anyone
who loves them. I also will not touch Fram's I had through the years a few from the get go blow seals.

Enough of my rant reply here do appreciate the deals being shared though.

Everyone have a Happy, Safe and Blessed Thanksgiving
Bill...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts