Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2010 yellow Challenger SRT8 6.1, the previous owner tuned the car on a (Perf 93 CAI tune) via diablo sport trinity tuner.

Few questions:
  1. Do I need to change the original thermostat with an aftermarket one? I noticed that the coolant temp goes up when i kickdown for few seconds
  2. Do I need to modify the fans settings from the tuner?
  3. Any additional mods required for the car to to run the (Perf 93 CAI tune) flawlessly?

appreciate your assistance on that

Moe

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,897 Posts
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2010 yellow Challenger SRT8 6.1, the previous owner tuned the car on a (Perf 93 CAI tune) via diablo sport trinity tuner.

Few questions:
  1. Do I need to change the original thermostat with an aftermarket one? I noticed that the coolant temp goes up when i kickdown for few seconds
  2. Do I need to modify the fans settings from the tuner?
  3. Any additional mods required for the car to to run the (Perf 93 CAI tune) flawlessly?

appreciate your assistance on that

Moe
You don't need to but if you install a 180 deg. T-stat it will keep the coolant temps lower and reduce heat soak. Do you have the Trinity that tuned the car? If so, reduce the fan temps by 20 degrees to compliment the new 180 deg. T-stat.

Also, make sure you use a premium 93 octane gas with that tune to keep the knock down.

:4-wavey:

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,029 Posts
Changing the tstat is optional and may not be the best decision, depending on where you live. I believe that the OEM tstat is a 206F. Those who do change for a 180F change the fan settings via the tuner (predator, intune, trinity) to take advantage of the lower tstat temp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need to but if you install a 180 deg. T-stat it will keep the coolant temps lower and reduce heat soak. Do you have the Trinity that tuned the car? If so, reduce the fan temps by 20 degrees to compliment the new 180 deg. T-stat.

Also, make sure you use a premium 93 octane gas with that tune to keep the knock down.

:4-wavey:
Thank you! got an online guide on how to tamper the fan temps? I do have the trinity device.

I believe that our octane gas is higher than 93 :str: I could also be wrong RON vs PON which i have no idea what all of that mean :shakehead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changing the tstat is optional and may not be the best decision, depending on where you live. I believe that the OEM tstat is a 206F. Those who do change for a 180F change the fan settings via the tuner (predator, intune, trinity) to take advantage of the lower tstat temp.
Thank you, what do they change in the settings exactly?

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Thank you! got an online guide on how to tamper the fan temps? I do have the trinity device.

I believe that our octane gas is higher than 93 :str: I could also be wrong RON vs PON which i have no idea what all of that mean :shakehead:
Thank you, what do they change in the settings exactly?
With out the Tuner you can not do anything If you are sure it is tuned then thats not a good deal car will need to reflashed to stock by dealer then get new tuner. Best bet to get tuner from Old owner.

Fuel ratings are different just because it states say 95 on pump It may be what USA considers 91 , depends on where you are from .:4-dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.