Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raised white letter tire stickers. I'm on the fence with this. What's your opinion of these?

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
i think with the smaller sidewall on todays tires, it doesn't look right. i come from an era where you had these gigantic 50's on the rear of a jacked up whatever and you had those raised white letters. don't know about them on 20's

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T M6
141 Posts
You could always try the tire paint pens

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You used to be able to get lettering from that company that matched the manufacturer's lettering. Everything they sell now looks much too large on the low-profile tires
View attachment 252089
That looks really good. Tredwear has sizes as small at 3/4" which looks good on the tire.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always try the tire paint pens
True. They don't hold up as well as the true lettering though from what I've heard.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think with the smaller sidewall on todays tires, it doesn't look right. i come from an era where you had these gigantic 50's on the rear of a jacked up whatever and you had those raised white letters. don't know about them on 20's
I agree that the bigger sizes don't look right on the smaller profile of today's tires. However, the 3/4"-1" does look good. Just debating on whether to put them on mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve been on the fence for a long time. I know the “new school look” is black walls but I like the look of raised white letter tires - I like the 70’s/80’s hot-rod look. My reservations have been about how good the installation/gluing process would end up looking and what they would look like on 20” wheels/tires.

But I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some - so stay tuned and I’ll let you know what I think.

I have slightly taller sidewalls than many do (295/40’s in back, 255/45’s front) - and I ordered 3/4” letters. Hoping it has a “factory” look.

I ordered them from Tirestickers and got them in the Falken font as I have Falken tires.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve been on the fence for a long time. I know the “new look” is black walls but I like the look of raised white letter tires - I like the 70’s/80’s hot-rod look. My reservations have been about how good the installation/gluing process would end up looking and what they would look like on 20” wheels/tires.

But I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some - so stay tuned and I’ll let you know what I think.

I have slightly taller sidewalls than many do (295/40’s in back, 255/45’s front) - and I ordered 3/4” letters. Hoping it has a “factory” look.

I ordered them from Tirestickers and got them in the Falken font as I have Falken tires.
Looking forward to seeing them on the vehicle.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I’m also thinking about doing this in 3/4” size. I tried the paint markers...worked good for about a month. I want something permanent.
Definitely post up some pics!
I checked the size of the Goodyear marking on my tires and they are at 1/2". So If I decide to do it, I would probably do the 3/4" to fully cover.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,201 Posts
I’ve been on the fence for a long time. I know the “new school look” is black walls but I like the look of raised white letter tires - I like the 70’s/80’s hot-rod look. My reservations have been about how good the installation/gluing process would end up looking and what they would look like on 20” wheels/tires.

I don't have them, but think about it every time I get new tires.

I friend put them on his car, first time was not a very good installation job, but the second time he installed the tred wear stickers, he took each wheel off the car so he could work horizontally. Made the job much easier, in terms of ease of cleaning, application and letter spacing and placement. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have tiresticker letters on both my RT's (the '71 has 17 inch rims). I traced the letters and they sent me rubber letters and they fit perfectly. It is, however, very labor intensive as you need to clean the tires with acetone before glueing (supplied) the letters on.
View attachment 252163
Came out great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have them, but think about it every time I get new tires.

I friend put them on his car, first time was not a very good installation job, but the second time he installed the tred wear stickers, he took each wheel off the car so he could work horizontally. Made the job much easier, in terms of ease of cleaning, application and letter spacing and placement. Lesson learned.
That's what I would do. Def would make it a lot easier. I made the mistake of showing my wife these . Now she wants them too. That's double the work for me! lol Happy wife=happy life.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just measured mine...the letters are 1/2” on my stock Eagle RS-A’s. 3/4” should be perfect!
I'm glad I saw your post. I remeasured mine and it's the same as yours. I don't know why I said mine were 3/4". I must have been thinking I needed 3/4" when I typed mine were 3/4". I'm going to order mine today from TredWear and give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
better than buying the white wall tires years ago, because black wall tires were more expensive, and then having the guy turn the tires around so it looked like you were riding some high end rubber. until some jack-off steals your tires off of your car. good thing nobody ever came back and smashed my windows because they went to all the trouble to steal a set of revenger brand retreads

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
better than buying the white wall tires years ago, because black wall tires were more expensive, and then having the guy turn the tires around so it looked like you were riding some high end rubber. until some jack-off steals your tires off of your car. good thing nobody ever came back and smashed my windows because they went to all the trouble to steal a set of revenger brand retreads
I remember those days. Not stealing tires, but reversing the white walls. lol

1 - 20 of 58 Posts