Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we all know,our pets have their own personalities and along with that, their own quirks. My lab Cooper has many,but one of his strangest is he loses his mind every time I pull down the attic stairs.
He barks constantly and tries to climb the wooden stairs with me.
What are some of yours ?

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Bodi - My 12 year old BMD - He can hardly walk but if he see's a remote control car all bets are off and he will destroy it!

Bella - My 10 year old Calico Torti Cat - She's a Lioness disguised as a house cat. 30lbs Heavier and she'd kill us all.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Sam hates other dogs on tv...along with horses....and the chick fillet cow really pisses him off

Gibson used to bark at me everytime I got out a step ladder

Fritz used to lay in front of the vacuum power head so you couldn't vacuum....you could even push himwith it and he wouldn't move

Sadie....I have only had her a week....seems to be mostly a flat coated retriever.....so far weirdest thing I've seen is she likes to do an army crawl, in really tall grass....like a sniper sneakin up on you

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Sam hates other dogs on tv...along with horses....and the chick fillet cow really pisses him off

Gibson used to bark at me everytime I got out a step ladder

Fritz used to lay in front of the vacuum power head so you couldn't vacuum....you could even push himwith it and he wouldn't move

Sadie....I have only had her a week....seems to be mostly a flat coated retriever.....so far weirdest thing I've seen is she likes to do an army crawl, in really tall grass....like a sniper sneakin up on you
I had a Flat Coat.....his name was Fishy......didn't grow up until he was 15.....lived until he was 18
Awesome Frisbee Dog!

Flat-Coated-Retriever-History.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I don't think Sadie is a pure bred. I got her last week from a rescue. She was picked up as a stray with 2 puppies. They esimate she is three. Her 2 pups got adopted a couple weeks ago. I only saw her at an adoption event because a race I was going to got rained out. In one week she has not made a mess in the house, plays only with toys (ok she will drag an occasional shoe around), is great w my 14 year old Springer (who much like your BMD has a tough time walking).... and she was fine with the tornado that ripped thru here Tuesday and took down a dozen trees....she really has been a dream so far....she is hard to get pics of being all black

IMG_20180516_083807598_LL.jpg

IMG_20180520_141703292.jpg

IMG_20180520_140313184.jpg

IMG_20180520_172833306.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I don't think Sadie is a pure bred. I got her last week from a rescue. She was picked up as a stray with 2 puppies. They esimate she is three. Her 2 pups got adopted a couple weeks ago. I only saw her at an adoption event because a race I was going to got rained out. In one week she has not made a mess in the house, plays only with toys (ok she will drag an occasional shoe around), is great w my 14 year old Springer (who much like your BMD has a tough time walking).... and she was fine with the tornado that ripped thru here Tuesday and took down a dozen trees....she really has been a dream so far....she is hard to get pics of being all black

View attachment 130010

View attachment 130008

View attachment 130012

View attachment 130014
Awwwwww.......they are both gorgeous. She definitely looks like she has Flattie in her.......she's beautiful!

·
Registered
858 Posts

View attachment 130010

View attachment 130008

View attachment 130012

View attachment 130014
Beautiful dog!!

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Awwwwww.......they are both gorgeous. She definitely looks like she has Flattie in her.......she's beautiful!
Thanks Susie...I might get her dna tested just for fun....but she has the size, the gait, the big tail , long hair and wisps behind the front legs....I never had one before but she is setting a high bar for this breed

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,043 Posts
Opie was the quirky cat. We used to have conversations. I'd ask him a question and he would respond in cat speak. This would go back and forth for several minutes. One time he wouldn't leave me alone. He kept nudging me and finally I got up to follow him. He led me to the fridge and looked at the floor in front of it. There was a puddle. I had a 2.5 gallon container of water in the fridge, and the spigot on the container somehow got open enough to drip.

Before I got my female cat, I would leave the front door open so the boys could sit on the porch. Opie loved sitting outside. Anthony would try to go down the stairs, so I put a gate at the top of the stairs. Eventually Anthony learned to jump it. Opie knew that if I caught either of them down stairs they would come in immediately and not be allowed out for a few days. At some point Opie decided to take matters into his own paws. He would sit at the top of the stairs and not allow Anthony to pass. One day, Anthony did get by. Opie came to the door and meowed at me, like he wanted me to follow....he was ratting out his brother. Opie got to stay outside....Ant got locked in the BR until Opie was ready to come in.

One day while they were outside, I called Opie. He came waddling through the door, meowing, and I said "OK, I just wanted to know where you were. You can go back out." He meowed and made a loop around the kitchen island and headed right back out the door.....

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Ringo flips out every Easter time when the Cadberry Bunny commercials air on TV. You know the one where the rabbit sounds like a chicken. He’s done it For the past nine years since he was a puppy.
Haha this might be my favorite so far in the early running....an annual neuroses

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure if this was a quirk or a 6th sense. After I had a heart attack,my former rescue dog Midnite, would follow me to the bathroom and sit outside the door until I was done. Strange thing was she never did that before. She was a sweetheart.

upload_2018-5-20_21-20-45.jpeg

·
801 RWHP
8,050 Posts
Not sure if this was a quirk or a 6th sense. After I had a heart attack,my former rescue dog Midnite, would follow me to the bathroom and sit outside the door until I was done. Strange thing was she never did that before. She was a sweetheart.

View attachment 130018
Better her than me. Phew.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts

Animals know when something is wrong with you.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts