Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cell phone pics, so some may be fuzzy...

I purchased a Petal Commander from the manufacture directly. when I spoke to customer service I asked them if they were selling in on Amazon and they said they were. However, they told me if I ever had to return it I would have to deal with Amazon instead of them. That was a no brainer. Price was $299 and shipping was free. That was the price I saw everyone selling it for but you might find a deal.

Here's how it arrives in the box. There are a few stickers and a lanyard with the company logo. Plus an alcohol wipe, the control module, and a bracket.

This is the Petal Commander, baby!

Just a close up of the control module.

Really, a child can install this in about five minutes but the installation instructions are on the inside box lid. The Dodge specific Petal Commander is PC-31. This will fit any 2008+ Dodge Challenger, RAM truck and Charger vehicle. So when I park my car for the winter I can slip this onto my RAM 1500 and wake up that 5.7 Hemi.

[/IMG]

Access you gas petal by pulling down the soft fabric covered enclosure just above the petal. This is what you'll see, ignore the gold wire in the picture. That gold wire powers my floor well lights. The red arrow points to the connector you will unplug.

This is the factory plug you just disconnect. you'll plug the female end of the Petal commander into her.

The male end of the Petal Commander will go into the factory female end. For those of you having problems with this, perhaps ole Dan aka Bad8nti can climb down from his Virginia mountain top give you a lesson on the birds and the bees. Pic is of everything back in it's place, green arrow is pointing at the arm to the gas petal.

So, I routed the wire up and under the center console and attached the mounting bracket with adhesive Velcro to the left side console. It rest right about where right knee is and it allows me to see the controls and adjust it on the fly. The Velcro that comes with the kit seems a little flimsy so you may want to go 3M on that. There are two little screw holes in the bracket if you so dare, no screws in the kit that's on you.

On the inside bottom of the box is some information about the different settings. Very simple.

I took her for and spin and all I can say is, WHERE YA BEEN ALL MY LIFE BABY!. Extremely responsive and it 100% eliminates that lag you experience when you hit the gas. What a ginormous difference this makes. It does not effect any tune you may have installed on your car. Just instant access to the raw power of the Hemi. I highly suggest you add this mod to your ride, you will not regret it. seat of the pants fun for sure but it will suck down that gas once you start playing with it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about doing this for my car. Even with manual transmission, my car seems like it can be laggy unless I do hard shifts. Which mode do you run on. Sport or sport+?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just started playing with it but likely keep in the Sport setting most of the time.

Reactions: Jimmi

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just started playing with it but likely keep in the Sport setting most of the time.
Every time you start your car on. Does the device power on and stay to the setting you ran it on? Or do you have to turn on the pc and select which setting you want every time?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you start you car the unit will be off until you turn it on. When you shut your car off the unit will power off and have to be turned back on and reset when you restart the your car. Don't let that stop you, this is an A++ mod.

Reactions: DCTA2017 and Jimmi

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
??? Really
Yeah, it was a typo and I didn't catch it till it was too late to change it. But thanks to Chrisbequick I have solidified, with his help, my knowledge about the difference in the biological makeup of a "petal" and the mechanical respect as it pertains to a vehicle's "pedal." I sleep more soundly knowing the difference.:)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes really. Proper grammar is important especially if someone does a search and can't find what they're looking for.
If they do a search the tags attached to the thread, which are spelled correctly, will lead them to this post. Thank you for your assistance though.

Reactions: Jimmi

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes really. Proper grammar is important especially if someone does a search and can't find what they're looking for.
You have to be a real douche bag to call someone out on something like that.... wait a minute... Did I spell douche bag right? Just in case someone wants to search it they can come here and see what one is !!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
21905722_10203638118069916_853571446_n.jpg
OK, so, to get things back on track..... uh oh.......... I'll be back in a few. ;)

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
617 Posts
Every time you start your car on. Does the device power on and stay to the setting you ran it on? Or do you have to turn on the pc and select which setting you want every time?
When you start you car the unit will be off until you turn it on. When you shut your car off the unit will power off and have to be turned back on and reset when you restart the your car. Don't let that stop you, this is an A++ mod.
OK, I just received, installed, and test drove mine...

In an otherwise excellent write up, this is the only thing I found to be incorrect. (Well, I also do appreciate the spelling correction... but I digress. ;) )

The Pedal Commander DOES NOT reset itself completely when the ignition is turned off, and it does NOT need to be turned on manually every time you start the car.
It does remember your settings, and automatically starts itself to the last setting you used.

@cms1528 , if yours is resetting to factory default every time, you might want to contact Hemifever and see what they think is happening. I didn't see your answer until after I'd ordered mine, and if I had seen it, I wouldn't have spent that much for something I have to turn on each and every time.

When you turn on the ignition, the PC unit cycles quickly through all the settings for about 2 seconds, with a "scanner/running lights" look, as it boots up. Then it settles on your last used setting, and you're ready to go. This all happens way quicker than it would take for you to start the car, put it in gear, and start moving, so it really is no delay whatsoever... just "start and go".

Regarding function, I have to agree with everyone so far... this thing is a kick in the pants. If you're running it on a V6, you'll definitely notice it more in Sport Mode or when in lower gears/higher revs in manual mode, but even in every day automatic driving, everything happens noticeably sooner when you step on the pedal. I'm still a little ambivalent whether it's worth $300, but the thing that pushed me over the edge was that I searched the forums and found the discount code @hemifever posted back near the first of the year... PC10 ... which gave me ten percent off. I ordered it Sunday night, and it made it from North Carolina to my home in California by this afternoon (Wednesday). From everything I've read here, this great service is typical for Hemifever... kudos to them for creating another happy customer. For $269 shipped that fast, I'm definitely good. @shooterjgs ... I told you you were gonna cost me money again... lol... but as usual, you were dead on.

In addition to each main setting, you can "tune" each setting's responsiveness up or down 4 notches within that setting's range. For now, I'm really liking "Sport" mode, with one bump up. "Sport+" mode is pretty wicked, feeling like the throttle is being actuated instantly by very tight cables rather than the mushy electronic "throttle by wire" that came stock. It's definitely more for "play time" than daily driving, at least for me.

This thing has made my Pentastar V6 even more of a blast to drive... definitely good stuff here. And thanks again for the excellent installation pics and description cms1528 . ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to check to see if it's resetting. I'm certain it did but now I'm second guessing myself. I will check it tomorrow.

Reactions: Granite Ghost

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK, I just received, installed, and test drove mine...

In an otherwise excellent write up, this is the only thing I found to be incorrect. (Well, I also do appreciate the spelling correction... but I digress. ;) )

The Pedal Commander DOES NOT reset itself completely when the ignition is turned off, and it does NOT need to be turned on manually every time you start the car.
It does remember your settings, and automatically starts itself to the last setting you used.

@cms1528 , if yours is resetting to factory default every time, you might want to contact Hemifever and see what they think is happening. I didn't see your answer until after I'd ordered mine, and if I had seen it, I wouldn't have spent that much for something I have to turn on each and every time.

When you turn on the ignition, the PC unit cycles quickly through all the settings for about 2 seconds, with a "scanner/running lights" look, as it boots up. Then it settles on your last used setting, and you're ready to go. This all happens way quicker than it would take for you to start the car, put it in gear, and start moving, so it really is no delay whatsoever... just "start and go".

Regarding function, I have to agree with everyone so far... this thing is a kick in the pants. If you're running it on a V6, you'll definitely notice it more in Sport Mode or when in lower gears/higher revs in manual mode, but even in every day automatic driving, everything happens noticeably sooner when you step on the pedal. I'm still a little ambivalent whether it's worth $300, but the thing that pushed me over the edge was that I searched the forums and found the discount code @hemifever posted back near the first of the year... PC10 ... which gave me ten percent off. I ordered it Sunday night, and it made it from North Carolina to my home in California by this afternoon (Wednesday). From everything I've read here, this great service is typical for Hemifever... kudos to them for creating another happy customer. For $269 shipped that fast, I'm definitely good. @shooterjgs ... I told you you were gonna cost me money again... lol... but as usual, you were dead on.

In addition to each main setting, you can "tune" each setting's responsiveness up or down 4 notches within that setting's range. For now, I'm really liking "Sport" mode, with one bump up. "Sport+" mode is pretty wicked, feeling like the throttle is being actuated instantly by very tight cables rather than the mushy electronic "throttle by wire" that came stock. It's definitely more for "play time" than daily driving, at least for me.

This thing has made my Pentastar V6 even more of a blast to drive... definitely good stuff here. And thanks again for the excellent installation pics and description cms1528 . ;)
I'm getting mine today...can't wait!

1 - 20 of 212 Posts