Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phantom Racers. You know the type. Drivers who feel a need to pass your Challenger but won't do it straight up by gunning their engines at a stoplight. These are the sneaky bastards you catch in the corner of your rear view who come up behind you and then slip out under acceleration in a sneaky attempt to pass you and drop in on top of you. If you accelerate they will break off their attempt and wait for another opportunity to do the same thing all over again. I had to deal with these clowns all weekend going to and returning from SF9, but I encounter them on almost any freeway trip. Most of the time I deflate their intentions by "allowing" them to pass me by flashing my lights. Before I'm just a rich prick driving an expensive car they can't have or afford, but then I become something worse. Now I'm a nice guy driving an expensive car they can't have or afford, LOL.

Mind games. They keep me awake on long drives :D

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
When I'm behind the wheel, I am focused on one thing.....enjoying every moment of the ride. It makes me crazy dealing with all the "road games" so many other drivers seem to play. I don't need some half wit busting up my journey! I just sigh and let them go about their sad existence!

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol acctually have a story from yesterday i was on 31 in indy and i was going around 55 and i didnt even see the mustang coming about 100mh behind me he passed me and turned on his hazards (saying he smoked me ) in a race i did know i was apart of lol its funny what these kids think racing is

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
you mean to tell me you dont do that? Man if I get a change to catch you off guard I will, lol. Naw I just let them go, you won in the race do you feel good about your life now, me Im enjoying this beauty.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
As Susie says - some are doomed to live a sad existance, and the rest of us drive MOPARS !!!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Most of the time I just let people go by me. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I won't. It usually doesn't matter what your driving some people feel the need to be going faster than you. I've been known to just gradually speed up. Of course the other person just HAS to be going faster than you so they speed up also. At some point they actually go to the trouble to look at their speedometer and realize they are going 25 mph over the limit and slow down at which point I slow down also. Of course this can go on for a while.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
haha i do the same espesialy when i listen to some george thorugood lol
Yeh, that "Bad to the Bone" just begs for you to move!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the one's race up on you than do the 360. Pass, cross in front, slow down so I can pass them and then cross back over. The whole time wishing they were in such a nice car. I just give em room and smile.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Phantom Racers. You know the type. Drivers who feel a need to pass your Challenger but won't do it straight up by gunning their engines at a stoplight. These are the sneaky bastards you catch in the corner of your rear view who come up behind you and then slip out under acceleration in a sneaky attempt to pass you and drop in on top of you. If you accelerate they will break off their attempt and wait for another opportunity to do the same thing all over again. I had to deal with these clowns all weekend going to and returning from SF9, but I encounter them on almost any freeway trip. Most of the time I deflate their intentions by "allowing" them to pass me by flashing my lights. Before I'm just a rich prick driving an expensive car they can't have or afford, but then I become something worse. Now I'm a nice guy driving an expensive car they can't have or afford, LOL.

Mind games. They keep me awake on long drives :D
Usually when that happens to me I'm not sure if they are being sneaky because they are trying to get somewhere because they are running late or trying to get a better look at the Challenger, LOL!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Middle of traffic tonight I had some young kid in a brand new Jeep SRT8 honking and wanting to slow up traffic on the highway, presumably to "play" :4-dontknow: I just shook my head and drove at half the speed limit that traffic allowed for.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
I like the ones that as I slowly pass them, speed up as if to race... usually its the ones that are driving something that should have been condemned years ago. They look over and smile, I smile and wave .... then if traffic is clear I will punch it... The exhaust sound alone keeps them smiling... and me too.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
I like the ones that as I slowly pass them, speed up as if to race... usually its the ones that are driving something that should have been condemned years ago. They look over and smile, I smile and wave .... then if traffic is clear I will punch it... The exhaust sound alone keeps them smiling... and me too.
Ah yea, that number one hit song.....pipe music, LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.