Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call yesterday it had arrived, I stopped in today and got the insurance all sorted out and talk about great service...couldn't be happier with my Dealership and especially my Salesman (Motor City Chrysler - Wayne R)

They did not drill/mount the front license plate cover as I instructed them not to and no dealer sticker like I said, perfect. My MOPAR mudflaps were already installed when I stopped by this morning and my salesman had already ordered me a new window sticker without me even asking. Apparently most of them get ripped in half when they open the window to load/unload the truck (now Im no rocket scientist..but, I don't know...maybe dont put it on drivers window? just a thought Dodge lol )

On top of the that he has scheduled Rust Inhibitor and Undercoating for today, the windows are being tinted at the same place/time, then it is getting detailed and having the scat stripe extension decal added at the dealership. Sounds like a busy day, and I have to say I will honestly be quite impressed if this all completed for tomorrow morning...

So I didn't go for a ride, but I did sit in her for a bit, started her up and lightly embraced the throttle...for test purposes only, of course ;) I also sat and just stared for a good 5mins as I waited for the Dealership to open

Of course I grabbed a couple quick pics, she is still dirty from the truck ride though...:oops:
20160126_082147.jpg
20160126_093834.jpg

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That's awesome! I'm psyched for you. Nothing like that new car smell for awhile. My car smell even sticks to my clothes so I get a whiff while in the house :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome! I'm psyched for you. Nothing like that new car smell for awhile. My car smell even sticks to my clothes so I get a whiff while in the house :)

Thank You, I actually thought that when I jumped in and fired it up "man, it smells good in here" lol

Reactions: Lyle

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
Congratulations, nothing like a new toy to take your worries off of today's problems.

Reactions: trudyc and jgoodz

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
AWESOMENESS!! That is one beautiful beast of a Mopar!!!

Reactions: jgoodz

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,428 Posts
Super great!!! Loved reading your story!! Good luck getting any sleep tonight!! That is a beautiful Challenger, even before detailing!

Reactions: jgoodz

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWESOMENESS!! That is one beautiful beast of a Mopar!!!
Thank You!!!

The sound and feel of the engine turning over while behind the wheel was amazing, as I pushed the button and all those horses jumped to life, my Salesman grins and says "Yup, that sounds about right..." lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super great!!! Loved reading your story!! Good luck getting any sleep tonight!! That is a beautiful Challenger, even before detailing!
Yeah sleeping is going to be a "Challenge" (Sorry, but that one was nearly unavoidable lol)

Thanks for compliments, I can't wait to see her with the blacked out windows, all clean and shiny :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!:D I love the Scat Pack model and IMO the Shaker hood completes the package. Safe and happy motoring!
Thank You!!!

Honestly the Shaker is a good portion of why I went with the Scat over SRT, both are just beautiful cars, but I couldn't get past the Shaker (and slight discount)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the world of Scat Pack where fuel economy is measured by smiles per gallon. Great looking car. The worst part which is the waiting to be delivered is over, well maybe, the fun now starts with payments and mod budgets. Glad you were able to get your dealer to handle the extras without issues.

Reactions: trudyc

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome to the world of Scat Pack where fuel economy is measured by smiles per gallon. Great looking car. The worst part which is the waiting to be delivered is over, well maybe, the fun now starts with payments and mod budgets. Glad you were able to get your dealer to handle the extras without issues.
Fuel economy is what a car gets when it sells its soul...lol

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Thank You!!!

Honestly the Shaker is a good portion of why I went with the Scat over SRT, both are just beautiful cars, but I couldn't get past the Shaker (and slight discount)
Me either. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I got the call yesterday it had arrived, I stopped in today and got the insurance all sorted out and talk about great service...couldn't be happier with my Dealership and especially my Salesman (Motor City Chrysler - Wayne R)

They did not drill/mount the front license plate cover as I instructed them not to and no dealer sticker like I said, perfect. My MOPAR mudflaps were already installed when I stopped by this morning and my salesman had already ordered me a new window sticker without me even asking. Apparently most of them get ripped in half when they open the window to load/unload the truck (now Im no rocket scientist..but, I don't know...maybe dont put it on drivers window? just a thought Dodge lol )

On top of the that he has scheduled Rust Inhibitor and Undercoating for today, the windows are being tinted at the same place/time, then it is getting detailed and having the scat stripe extension decal added at the dealership. Sounds like a busy day, and I have to say I will honestly be quite impressed if this all completed for tomorrow morning...

So I didn't go for a ride, but I did sit in her for a bit, started her up and lightly embraced the throttle...for test purposes only, of course ;) I also sat and just stared for a good 5mins as I waited for the Dealership to open

Of course I grabbed a couple quick pics, she is still dirty from the truck ride though...:oops:
Sweet ride for sure! I'm glad to see your car has arrived. When mine came in a couple of weeks ago, it was raining...a total downpour, so I didn't get to really check it out. However, when I did go to get it, it was spotless! A coolness factor of 10! Congrats!:cool:

Reactions: trudyc

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
way to go, now let the fun begin. you are going to have so much fun, I remember the day I got my R/T it couldn't have been any better and you no what I still get that feeling after 6 yrs so enjoy my friend I no you will

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Congrats! I predict no sleep for you tonight, haha! You'll be anxious for the morning to come so you can go pick it up and drive it home!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,641 Posts
Congrats ,you will be grinning for a long time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats! How long was the wait for you? I just ordered mine yesterday and already wondering when I'll hear about my VON. The red and black looks great!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts