Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2178 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
I prefer this summer version of our windmill!

55973.jpg

·
25,743 Posts
That electrical transmission tower really puts the size of that rock tower behind it into perspective! I wonder if anyone has made the effort to rock climb up to the top?
Agree! It is kind of like these rock piles at the bottom of Devil's Tower. I took a few shots of this with people in the pics just to show the size of those boulder piles!
22992.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
In Chiricahua National Monument where I worked as a teenager.

17 of the Best National Parks and Monuments in Arizona to Visit Once in a Lifetime - Flavorverse ...

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Agree! It is kind of like these rock piles at the bottom of Devil's Tower. I took a few shots of this with people in the pics just to show the size of those boulder piles!
View attachment 244500
I remember some of those rocks were bigger than a school bus. Last time I was there you almost needed binoculars to see the climbers near the top on the backside as we walked the trail around the base.

·
25,743 Posts
I remember some of those rocks were bigger than a school bus. Last time I was there you almost needed binoculars to see the climbers near the top on the backside as we walked the trail around the base.
Yeah, I saw climbers on the backside too:
23361.jpg

23261.jpg

23762.jpg

This last picture is the full pic of Devil's Tower from the backside. Can't even imagine climbing this! I hate heights!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Crater.png

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
25,743 Posts
Some February shots from 2015, 2016 and 2017. I would love to have that winter of 2017 back. Not very often you can drive in the Black Hills in February!

09642.jpg

43431.jpg

80292.jpg

·
25,743 Posts
And just because I am ready for spring! In 2015 we had these butterflies in the yard at the end of April! Very unusual!!! Glad I took these pics as I doubt I will ever see them again on blooming spring phlox!

12183.jpg

·
25,743 Posts
2101 - 2120 of 2178 Posts