2921 - 2940 of 2970 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,578 Posts
Down the road a little ways there was this cute scene this year:

View attachment 257443

View attachment 257444
Beautiful horses! Dad always had several on the farm when we were growing up for pleasure riding, cart work and we also used them as 4H projects. Took them to the County Fair every year and I still remember all the fun we had in the horse barns when the water fights broke out (5 gallon buckets get you VERY wet!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,094 Posts
Beautiful horses! Dad always had several on the farm when we were growing up for pleasure riding, cart work and we also used them as 4H projects. Took them to the County Fair every year and I still remember all the fun we had in the horse barns when the water fights broke out (5 gallon buckets get you VERY wet!
Here are a few pics I took yesterday at the Sheridan County Fair. The 4-H small animal competition was going on when I was there. So many cute bunnies. That duck was quacking up a storm! My son's favorite animal project was swine. We had a LOT of fun with those pigs in the summer! He loved showing pigs at the fair!

02871.JPG

02881.JPG

02901.JPG

02911.JPG

02921.JPG

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,268 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
That looks like a controlled burn.
That's right. We usually burn the dead grass and stuff in the ditches and stream banks running through farm fields on calm days in the Spring. We do this so that the heavy rains we sometimes get move through them quicker preventing crop flooding.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
At the treatment plant next to my facilities employee parking lot today.
20200723_081155.jpg

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Roosevelt Lake in Arizona
Roosevelt Lake Arizona - DesertUSA

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I took this one last summer in Missouri at the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery in Branson, MO. They had gardens of wild flowers planted around the main building and these guy's were just gorging themselves with pollen. It must have been like an Insect Smorgasbord!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hard to believe the corn can grow so fast in less than 3 weeks! It's been so hot and humid here that you can almost hear it growing LOL...
Same here in PA. Just a few weeks ago, the corn was not even "knee high by the 4th of July". Yesterday here in PA most of the corn is in tassel. Need rain to make the ears grow.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
2 miles from our house this AM.
20200724_054035.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
2 miles from our house this AM.
View attachment 257553
Cool! This is one of the benefits to living in or near rural areas. We had the same thing here once I got out of town and the sun was coming up. I keep my spare camera in the trunk, but was running late for work today so couldn't take time to stop...glad you got one!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Cool! This is one of the benefits to living in or near rural areas. We had the same thing here once I got out of town and the sun was coming up. I keep my spare camera in the trunk, but was running late for work today so couldn't take time to stop...glad you got one!
You've been posting up really nice pics!

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
You've been posting up really nice pics!
Thank you! We've been busy getting ready to re-side the house, get a new garage door and a ton of other things so play time is kind of limited lately. Next week is our stay-cation so that will make things easier. :p

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Roosevelt Lake in Arizona
The Arizona Fishing Guides: Roosevelt Lake

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,094 Posts
A few pics from the wheat field today. If it doesn't rain, possibility they will get done! A surprise visitor yesterday from Montana. A friend of Michael's came down for his birthday and he wanted to be here during harvest. They didn't get in for supper until 10:00 p.m.! I didn't know about the surprise visitor, he walked in last night and what a wonderful surprise!!!

03231.JPG

03261.JPG

Michael's job is running the grain cart.

03281.JPG

03321.JPG

03351.JPG

03391.JPG

Gary and his passenger eating their lunch as I left the field.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
A few pics from the wheat field today. If it doesn't rain, possibility they will get done! A surprise visitor yesterday from Montana. A friend of Michael's came down for his birthday and he wanted to be here during harvest. They didn't get in for supper until 10:00 p.m.! I didn't know about the surprise visitor, he walked in last night and what a wonderful surprise!!!

View attachment 257608

View attachment 257609

Michael's job is running the grain cart.

View attachment 257611

View attachment 257613

View attachment 257614

View attachment 257616

Gary and his passenger eating their lunch as I left the field.
Those are some beautiful pictures. Wheat is one of the most colorful crops...golden waves of grain FTW! That big New Holland looks like a hungry "beast" too!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I took this one last summer in Missouri at the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery in Branson, MO. They had gardens of wild flowers planted around the main building and these guy's were just gorging themselves with pollen. It must have been like an Insect Smorgasbord!

View attachment 257544 View attachment 257545
Great photo! What kind of flower is that?

Reactions: farmer52
2921 - 2940 of 2970 Posts