Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed my pistol grip shifter and spoiler decal today. The best part was the sun was out, it rained yesterday and washed all of the salt off of the highways, and I got to drive the car! I included a shot of the hood. The orange on the hood and sides of the car is paint. The orange on the spoiler is a decal. It matched the paint pretty good.

Attachments

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
I have the Mopar T-Shifter, but I was thinking about getting a Pistol Grip and just changing them out as the mood hits! (It's a girl thing).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
If you are in no hurry to make a purchase you need to keep searching ebay and craigslist, etc. I found this pistol grip on ebay for $99. They normally sell for $175.00. It is like brand new and has the little Scat Pack bee on top of the handle. Came with original packaging, allen wrench and instructions. I feel like I finally "won one" for a change.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It's one of those mods I feel every one should do immediately, upgrade that silly OEM shifter! And the vinyl on the spoiler looks pretty good as well :rep:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
It's one of those mods I feel every one should do immediately, upgrade that silly OEM shifter! And the vinyl on the spoiler looks pretty good as well :rep:
+1! The stock shifter reminds me of a Tootsie Pop with the wrapper

Figures... Plum Crazy Purple, Green with Envy, Hemi Orange, and TorRed.

Sorry, Chocolate just doesn't cut it for Pitch Black, so you see why I HAVE to get a pistol grip shifter!!!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
John,
You always seem to think "outside the box"! Ha! Maybe that is why I replaced my shifter, my subconscious was thinking tootsie roll pop, tootsie roll pop, everytime I looked at my stock shifter.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
That is hilarious! Right on the money too!
I love the stripe package on your car!! Not overdone, but still makes a statement!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't take any credit for the paint job. The previous owner bought the car in Bright White with no pin stripes or anything. He took it to a paint shop and told the painter he thought the car was too plain and he wanted some orange stripes put on it. He then walked out the door and left it up to the shop to come up with something. I was stunned when I saw the car. I was even more stunned when I found out it was almost 3 years old and only had 5K miles on it. I just talked to the painter last Friday. He said will try to come up with something neat for the hood when I get my Shaker. I have been communicating with both Cervini's and AFR to decide which route I will go.

Reactions: MOPARMOM

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
John,
You always seem to think "outside the box"! Ha! Maybe that is why I replaced my shifter, my subconscious was thinking tootsie roll pop, tootsie roll pop, everytime I looked at my stock shifter.
Betty, thinking outside the box is how I'm fighting off impending dementia. I hope to be in my 90's before I leave the house and forget to wear pants! :D

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
That Pistol Grip is awesome!!! ....and Orange on a White Challenger is crazy HOT!!! Looks incredible....super nice ride!!:smileup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:gr_grin::wave:
I'm truly grateful for all of the nice comments and the Reps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the spoiler decal. The shifter looks....different. I am more into the T shaped shifters and IDK, those long ones remind me of...well I won't go there. It does beat the shifters that look like, as the poster stated, Tootsie pops LOL.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.