Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Plastic Beverage Holder Panels - Removal?

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Bee Keeper 16 
#1 ·
The two black plastic panels that have the "beverage holders" located in front of the radiator - other than a place to store one's adult beverage, do they serve any purpose? Are they designed to improve the looks of the engine bay, or are they protection against water intrusion or something?

If they're just for looks, I'm thinking of removing them - seems like it would allow better airflow or ventilation.

#3 ·
great place to hold nuts & bolts when you're working on the car. I use them to hold the Shaker screws when I have to remove the Shaker.

Reactions: dcde201057
#4 ·
Besides covering all those ugly components, there main function is to assist in the airflow, from the grill, through the air conditioning condenser and radiator, not partially up and over them. Haven't heard of any heat issues with these cars. If you want a little better ventilation, remove the caps on your two hood scoops. There are kits available to open them up, which will allow some of the engine heat to vent out through the scoops (or if you wish, put some LEDs in the scoop openings).

#9 ·
I agree. Would not remove the beverage holders. However I removed the plastic blocks that replicated air scoop on my R/T and installed ones for the SRT that are functional.If you look at your hood underside you can see the oval slots at the back of the hood . You can obtain The SRT scoops from a Dodge dealer. Just a few strips of painters tape on the hood in front of the block, using a plastic pry tool to release the plastic tabs and they pop right out. The new ones in stall in seconds and snap in place. When you get them and look at them you'll figure it out in seconds. I know I have seen at least 1/ 100th of a horse power by cooling my shock towers. :) . Actually you can feel heat coming out of those scoops, so it does serve a purpose. It also looks better.

#8 ·
And then there's me.

#11 ·
Vehicle Car Purple Hood Engine

I am on the Dan wagon. Painted them and put on. Black 392 Billet Tech cover.

#13 ·
Here is my take on the BV holders
Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Purple

#14 ·
Reactions: N2rock
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.