Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 challenger 3.5 L se, it is in limp mode and throwing 5 codes
P0073,U0121,P0137,U0110,U0112, please help in telling me exactly what needs to be done, I was working on this slowly, but my main vehicle is dead and I need to get this one going properly. Was told that it hit a deer. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
P0073 - ambient air temp sensor circuit
U0121 - lost communication with ABS system module
P0137 - O2 sensor bank for bank 1 (Low voltage)
U0110 - drive motor control module and other modules not communicating
U0112 - battery energy control module B not communicating to the controller area network bus

collectively this aggregation of codes suggests a couple of problem areas - power issues (electrical) and/or PCM computer issues. A third possibility is an interfacing module (such as a Battery Energy Control module) is faulty and gumming up the works bc of a short circuit or a bad electrical connection.

the fact that it hit a deer makes it a bit of a crap shoot. If the deer impact exposed parts to water intrusion it could cause some contact exposure on electrical components that are now starting to rust and break contact. Was the car exposed to water damage that might be causing grounding or shorting in electrical connections or harnesses? Like maybe a flood repo’d car?

unless someone else in the forum can respond specifically to this set of conditions I’m thinking it’s time to take it to a shop that can trace these all down (assuming you purchased it privately). If you bought it from a place of business you need to take it back to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, and yes private buy, and no to the water. The battery is what we were narrowing it down to also. Any other I information would be greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to narrow down parts that I need.
Question though, would impact sensors in the front grill that have been removed be another issue?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thank you so much, and yes private buy, and no to the water. The battery is what we were narrowing it down to also. Any other I information would be greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to narrow down parts that I need.
Question though, would impact sensors in the front grill that have been removed be another issue?
Any sensors removed almost always will cause problems, especially if by "impact sensors" you are referring to the airbag sensors.

If those sensors were removed I do not think that would be a legal repair and the car could not be considered road worthy. Maybe you need the car inspected by a dealer and if this is found to be the case you have some leverage with which to go back to the seller and get the car properly repaired or maybe better yet just get your money back.

Incorrect repairs after an accident are always a concern. From experience after having hit a mule deer with another car upon inspection -- this after the body shop released the car to me claiming it was fixed -- upon removal of the front bumper cover and the removal of the headlight from the front fender the headlight connector holder was broken. This would have eventually resulted in a flaky headlight/turn signal/parking light problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts