Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What does your paint job look like?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
a inevitable topic than you look up information about the Challenger seems to be the quality of the paint job. It's often described as poor, full of defects, blemished and so on, but is that true? You're all invited to participate at the poll. A little response (model year, trim line, other comments) would also be nice.

Thanks for your vote and have a nice day,
kevin22

·
Business
21,867 Posts
All the inside trunk lid has spots where the paint bubbled up. They are about the size of a dime and there are three spots. Outside on the corner of the truck lid was orange peel. I was able the buff most of it out.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,617 Posts
Mine only has minor orange peel but no defects. I guess that is normal because I see a lot of cars with orange peel.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Minor orange peel everywhere (been told it is because of the factory painting process, but my Tacoma doesn't have it) and the hood paint is going bad - large "water spot" looking areas visible coming through the paint layer under the clear coat. Of course,its past the warranty expiration date.:mad:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Looks good, but will pop off at the least little thing. I believe the reason is because the paint is applied so thin.

Reactions: 245pacer

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Good paint here, it's not a show car, but it's good quality for the most part, no major flaws or defects. I don't see any of the bubbles or water spots that some are mentioning on here. I'm happy with it for a factory paint job on a mass produced car.

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
Major orange peel on the driver side rear QTR.... That being said better quality that the 2008 Charger we had... The paint quality on the Rams is outstanding.... A the paint quality on the wife's SRT Jeep is rated excellent....

Reactions: habbie

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
While my Challenger has a few scratches and there is slight orange peel, the Inferno Red tends to hide it well. I also consider it is a Dodge, cost less than 40 K. I do not expect the paint to be as good as M-BENZ or other 100k vehicles.
Perhaps being in the business (Automobile) for 26 years has lowered my expectations.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Mine is about the same as my 09 SRT was and not nearly as good as our 10 Jeep SRT. Few minor flaws - dust specs. It is a mass produced vehicle.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
16 R/T Shaker the paint is awesome! My buddy is a body guy and he just said today it is one of the best factory finished cars he has ever seen. With the exception of the three chips on the nose with only 2k on the car......arrrgggghhh. (don't have the 600 for the clear bra)

I can't tell you how many people comment on the paint of my car. This Jazz Blue has given me tons of, I love that color, comments.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Sounds like a silly thing to complain about but my exterior paint is good. I have a place in the drivers door area and under the hood that has a bad scratch. It almost looks like something got dragged along the door sill when say the drivers seat was installed.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
My 2012 R/T didn't have any defects, but it was by far the thinnest, sub-par paint job of any car I have ever owned. My little Mitsubishi has a better finish on it then my Challenger had.
Same here. My Hyundai has a great paint job. Much better that the challenger.

Reactions: MOPARMOM
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.