Dodge Challenger Forum banner

381 - 400 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sweet ride! I love that color! How do you like the Power Stop (Z23-1405) Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pads? Do they really make less brake dust or is it just lighter in color?
Yes, they really do dramatically reduce the amount of brake dust. I can't even say what color the dust is now with the Z23 pads since there generally isn't any. I don't track drive, just daily drive, but where only a couple of days of driving used to completely cover the rims and tires with ugly dust, now there is none even after a couple of weeks. The wheels are much easier to keep looking nice. As for stopping power, I've experienced no reduction in performance. After half a year of daily commutes, no squeaking or squealing either.

Bill B.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yes, they really do dramatically reduce the amount of brake dust. I can't even say what color the dust is now with the Z23 pads since there generally isn't any. I don't track drive, just daily drive, but where only a couple of days of driving used to completely cover the rims and tires with ugly dust, now there is none even after a couple of weeks. The wheels are much easier to keep looking nice. As for stopping power, I've experienced no reduction in performance. After half a year of daily commutes, no squeaking or squealing either.

Bill B.
Bill, I appreciate your reply and giving me some detail. You’ve answered several concerns I had regarding these pads. Even with a Scat Pack, the rims get nasty in just a few days. I expect I’ll be purchasing some of these soon for my Challenger and my daily driver.
Rick

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I had a few quotes from shops. ! as high as 2K. I had mine done for 300.00...! Yes 300.00 and the work is Amazing. I wouldn't pay more than 500 for it. I am Scheduled to get a Xpel Clear Bra wrap this week for roughly 300.00..... The wrap really changed the look of my Beast! ;D I used Tinting Chicago if your in the area.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
How much brighter are the LED? How much did it cost you and what brand did you use?
They are probably around 40%-50% brighter, and they look WAY better than the lousy yellow light that the stock halogens put out. I bought the Hikari (eye of Megatron) lights. they were around $95 if I remember correctly. They were fairly easy to put in except for the tiny torx screws on the drivers side dust cover. the entire assembly fits inside the dust covers. I did not drill holes in the dust covers because that defeats the whole purpose of the covers. I used a temperature gun, and they did not get over 95 degrees. see the comparison photo below.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,953 Posts

Bill B.

Why did you go with the Z23 instead of the Z26 compound ??

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Not real good at posting pics, but here goes. 2019 scat pack, mid muffler delete. drag tires front and back. Best 1/4 mile run 11.8 sec. best 0 to 60 3.8 sec

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why did you go with the Z23 instead of the Z26 compound ??
I don't think the compound of the pad itself is any different. The difference in the product is that the Z26 has metal shims, it's supposed to help with heat dissipation.
Anyways, the ones I got have been working very well for me.

Bill B.

381 - 400 of 407 Posts