Dodge Challenger Forum banner
261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
418 Posts
I have a '16 with the shaker stripe kit in matte black. I damaged a section of one roof stripe, and replaced only that section with vinyl lettering. I was concerned the paint underneath would be darker and less faded than the exposed areas, but thankfully there was no difference. My stripes were a little faded and were covered with white wax swirl marks where the dealer detail guys waxed the stripes. Took some time and elbow grease, but I wiped them with 91% alcohol (per my vinyl shop recommendation) then worked them over with Mother's Back to Black. Hand buffed them down and they look great. Now I simply use Chemical Guys purple detail spray in between washes and they still look great.
There are a few posts on here of folks who have removed their stripes and have pics, if you are gonna go that route. IMO the shaker cars look great either way, but I like my stripes.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Believe . . . . . . just believe!
6,059 Posts
I took the fake carbon fiber stripes off the hood of my ’14 SRT and just had a buildup of wax at the edges. I would try clay bar first. Don't ever let any chemical set on your paint for any length of time, work in small areas. I never noticed any difference in the paint color.

if you took your car to a commercial car wash you may have some minor scratching from their brushes that shows when the stripes come off. You would then need to have it buffed.

good luck

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,659 Posts
Reactions: petriTL

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
418 Posts
Yes after to remove any possible buildup around the edges left after removing them.

Reactions: petriTL

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
One of the Original SHAKER Challengers in 2009 & 2010... Before Dodge started producing 2012.

New & Restored & Totally Refreshed 2009 SHAKER Challenger in December 2020

Enjoy The RIDE...

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
418 Posts
JRM what color is your car? Beautiful man.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
418 Posts
Thanks. Still learning the colors.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
418 Posts
I do love F8...

Reactions: LP16

·