Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just joined to do a little research before maybe ordering a new Challenger.

My current vehicle is a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack (6 speed) I purchased new back in 2015, and I am thinking of getting into a 392 Shaker Scat Pack.

I’ve always thought Challengers were awesome, I remember being in love with the Mopar 10 when it came out back in high school. I probably should have just bought a Challenger instead of my 2015 Mustang but it’s been a fun car too.

My dad is wanting me to buy a truck so I was looking at new Raptors Super Duty’s and the TRD Pro Tacoma but I honestly don’t need a truck and have always had “fast” cars (Only had three cars so far that have all been Mustangs). Plus I don’t think it makes sense for me to spend almost half my yearly income on a vehicle, especially one that I really don’t need.

Just to avoid the negativity, I’m 24 and NO my parents are NOT paying for my car.

I think I’ve settled on special ordering a F8 green stick shift 392 Scat Pack Shaker with all the options except a sunroof. I’m planning on just doing simple cosmetic mods like gloss black retro RT side stripes, chrome fuel door, hellcat steering wheel and a set of custom cragar style wheels. Basically a retro style simple build, and the Shaker definitely is the most retro Challenger to start with IMO. I was really excited for the new T/A to come out but I lost interest completely when they put the AAR hood and black roof/trunk on them.

I work on the railroad (locomotive engineer) and my company supposedly has a discount with Dodge so hopefully I’ll get a few thousand off my order because I already know I’m at least a few thousand upside down on my Mustang but I can pay that off when I trade it in.

Anyways thanks for having me here, I’ll be lurking until I decide for sure if I want to buy and go ahead and put money down.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,614 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
18,451 Posts
Welcome from NJ.
Glad to have you here.
No worries about negativity here. Congrats on working hard to be in the position to by the car yourself.

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
3,897 Posts
Get that Scat Pack Shaker and never look back! :D
Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,497 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida!!!! Working hard to get what you want is AWESOME! I had a GT......loved that car.......just not as much as my Challenger. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW South Dakota!!! You aren't going to get any negative comments about a Challenger on here!!! I LOVE my Scat Pack, it is a joy to drive!! You will also like the roomy interior and the nice big trunk! The stock exhaust now sounds amazing. Dodge got a lot of things right with this car. Good luck on your choice!
Love that you are a locomotive engineer! I love trains and photographing them!!!

·
Premium Member
12,528 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us...

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Pennsylvania. We're glad you joined and wishing you all the best in your search. You will find the folks here helpful with tons of knowledge. Enjoy the Site!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to report back that I finally put an order in today.

Decided to go with a Go Mango 6 Speed Scat Pack Shaker with Dynamics Pack, Adaptive Suspension, Front Tower Brace, Driver Convenience Group, Plus Pack, Tech Group, Hood Pins, Nav, and the HK Stereo.

I hope its built correctly and doesn’t take too long, this is my first vehicle I have ever custom ordered so its kind of exciting.

I have a few mods already planned but only appearance stuff so far.

The Dealer quoted 8-12 weeks till arrival, does that sound right?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,415 Posts
Both of mine that I ordered only took 6 weeks! Good luck with the time line!

Reactions: trueburrito

·
Registered
2018 F8 R/T Challenger
1,572 Posts
I'm a truck guy and even though I dislike Ford very much. I'd happily roll around in a Raptor

1 - 20 of 29 Posts