Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 2009 Challenger SE to the dealer for an oil change.They told me that I had a leak on the return hose from rack to cooler in my power steering .They want $400.00 to fix.Is this something that can be done at home or is this a "dealer-only" repair ? Money's tight.My brother is a self-employed mechanic.I'm wondering if it's something he can do...
Thanks for any help or suggestions.....

Chris Stacey
Hampton,Va

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
I don't see any reason that your brother can't do it. You just got to make sure you get the air out of the system.

Advance Auto Parts has that hose for $14.99.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bad8nti,
Thanks for the help and the "air" tip. I had found the the part at Auto Zone
before I received your reply. $15.00 part and the dealer wanted $394.30 to fix it.
WOW ! Thanks again........

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Just took my 2009 Challenger SE to the dealer for an oil change.They told me that I had a leak on the return hose from rack to cooler in my power steering .They want $400.00 to fix.Is this something that can be done at home or is this a "dealer-only" repair ? Money's tight.My brother is a self-employed mechanic.I'm wondering if it's something he can do...
Thanks for any help or suggestions.....

Chris Stacey
Hampton,Va
I sent the instructions to your e-mail. Looks like a straight forward replacement.
Hope it helps.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,015 Posts
This is just one of the reasons why I love this Forum. You will always get excellent help.--:beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts