Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 RT 5.7 MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 RT 5.7 Manual Transmission. I am sunk because the part 4578766AA pulley has been discontinued. It is now just sitting in the shop and I have no alternatives to replace this pulley? I have looked online and I can't find anything nor a recommendation on what my alternative is. Anybody dealt with discontinued parts and how to proceed?

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,281 Posts
Auto salvage yard. Will probably have to purchase the power steering pump, but probably cheaper than an OEM pulley.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I have a 2010 RT 5.7 Manual Transmission. I am sunk because the part 4578766AA pulley has been discontinued. It is now just sitting in the shop and I have no alternatives to replace this pulley? I have looked online and I can't find anything nor a recommendation on what my alternative is. Anybody dealt with discontinued parts and how to proceed?
Here...
-John

·
Registered
2010 RT 5.7 MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Even RockAuto doesn't have the part which says a lot. I'm so happy I have the Challenger with the pulley that is discontinued and unique. I will try the auto salvage yard route. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Actually, if you have a late model 2010 and the bore size of the pulley is .6618", the pulley will fit. If the diameter is not correct, the tensioner can compensate. If not, you can change the belt length. Been here done this 6 months ago with one of the club cars.
-John

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
884 Posts
Dorman - OE Solutions Power Steering Pump Pulley
Part # 300-319
Exact Fit for your 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T

You can also get a Pulley Puller from Harbor Freight and transfer old one to new Pump!!!

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Dorman - OE Solutions Power Steering Pump Pulley
Part # 300-319
Exact Fit for your 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T

You can also get a Pulley Puller from Harbor Freight and transfer old one to new Pump!!!
I doubt he'll be back. He seems to have convinced himself the part don't exist. I myself have found another place that has one.
-John

·
Registered
2010 RT 5.7 MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to work with the Dodge dealer and was able to get them to fix it with
Mopar 4578766AE Pump
AND
14805 Dorman Pulley
My car was in the bay for 3 weeks at the dealer but now it turns. :) Sorry about being naïve about this stuff but I panicked when the mechanic called and said my $12 pulley is no where to be found on the internet.

Thanks again everyone for talking me off the ledge and getting it done!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts