Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2018 challenger scat pack, looking to increase horsepower. Does anyone have a chip they use and recommend?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,219 Posts
To boost your Hp chips are bogus you would want a tuner, you will also need an unlocked PCM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is no chip, at least one that works. Tuning late model Mopar vehicles is far more involved than say Ford or GM. Mopar PCM's are locked down from the factory, to flash tune the car you either have to
1. Send your PCM off to be unlocked (can't be done with a flash tuner in your driveway) or
2. You have to buy an extra unlocked PCM and swap it out then tune the car.
Both options will be obviously visible to Dodge if you ever want to use your warranty and both options cost more than just buying a flash tuner and a canned tune like you can with other makes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did some research and was looking for the same thing. My next-door neighbor has HP tuners that I need to pay for that unlocked. Don’t waste your time with “chips” if you don’t know how to tune your vehicle then just take this somebody that knows to optimize the tune that it already has. Me you and I would save up some money and do a Dyno tune, because that is the best way that your fuel tables are going to get optimized, electronic timing and change your transmission settings if need be and attain the best hp output that you’re able to get out of your vehicle.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The 2018 and newer are very costly to unlock as mentioned above. And in 2019 another lock was added that is under the front near the top of the center console. It appears Mopar is making unlocking cost prohibitive to the average owner. If you afford the approx. $900.-$1000 for a unlocked PCM, plus the new 2019 cost, and the dyno tuning about another $500. then you are a go.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Chips are for LS swaps not Mopars

Reactions: Scott Thomas
1 - 8 of 8 Posts