Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Problems on receiving shipment of supercharger from Arrington Performance

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bones007 
#1 ·
Read through several of the threads here and made the decision to plunk down a near fortune to have a Magneson Supercharger installed on my 2010 R/T Challenger. Needless to say I was as excited as a young kid the night before Christmas.

That was on June 16, 2014. We were told (by Arrington Performance) to expect delivery in 3 to 4 weeks. I waited patiently and mechanic called after the Fourth of July and was told to expect delivery soon. He called again mid July and was told that shipment was going out that week. Again another call the first of August to be told that shipment was going out that day. I finally called Arrington on August 11 and was told that the hold up was with Magneson (who was supposed to ship blower directly to me). I called Magneson and was told that it essentially wasn't their problem and that I had to deal directly with Arrington. And of course Arrington told me today that they shipped the other parts (other than the blower) but oddly they don't have a shipping tracking number.

All of this occurred after I had already given them over $6 grand.

Anybody else had this experience with Arrington Performance?

#2 ·
Welcome from AZ, I do not remember reading anything negative about them.

#4 · (Edited)
When I bought my Magnuson from Arrington there was a delay of several weeks and then I found out not all of the parts including the tuner came from Magnuson so if one part gets late it puts everything back but I'm fairly sure they will come through for you . They are not in business to cause problems like the one you are having.

#5 · (Edited)
to the OP, i really hope you get all your parts together and in satisfactory condition... i have been on the phone with both magnuson and arrington before and they both seemed really nice and helpful... but now that they got your money "it's not their problem". would be nice if they could have atleast offered to look into the situation a little deeper for you... someone has to know something... and i'm talking about both parties...

From what I have gathered over the years, they are not very good at shipping items out and I would hesitate to place an order with them for something they would not be installing in house. :4-dontknow:
oh great, i'm just about to place an order with them... :att:

#7 ·
Most vendors, including Arrington, do not keep those big products on the shelf. They make their money by buying at dealer rates and passing on the savings to you. Arrington can't ship what it doesn't have. Magnasun could care less, because they arn't the ones doing business with you, they are doing business with Arrington. Magnasun "makes" your order, once the order from Arrington is received. They then either drop ship to you or send to Arrington and they ship to you.
I have made purchases from Arrington several times, and they have alsways done business right by me.
All vendors have these supply side issues. A few months ago it was the guy with the Cervini's hood. In the end, it all works out.

Reactions: 2010CHALLENGER
#8 ·
Most vendors, including Arrington, do not keep those big products on the shelf. They make their money by buying at dealer rates and passing on the savings to you. Arrington can't ship what it doesn't have. Magnasun could care less, because they arn't the ones doing business with you, they are doing business with Arrington. Magnasun "makes" your order, once the order from Arrington is received. They then either drop ship to you or send to Arrington and they ship to you.
I have made purchases from Arrington several times, and they have alsways done business right by me.
All vendors have these supply side issues. A few months ago it was the guy with the Cervini's hood. In the end, it all works out.
agreed, but clear communication with the customer is key - i wouldn't want to have 6K hanging in limbo with no expected delivery date.

#9 ·
I understand "Arrington can't ship what it doesn't have". But why not just say that instead of giving me delivery dates they know they can't keep? That's the problem I have with the order.

#11 ·
I understand "Arrington can't ship what it doesn't have". But why not just say that instead of giving me delivery dates they know they can't keep? That's the problem I have with the order.
Might it be possible that they were giving you dates based on what Magnasun told them?
I agree they should be keeping you in the loop and communicating with you, at least saying they don't know, if they don't know.

It seems that , regardless of the vendor, some people have good results and others not. I guess the saying that it's the one dissastisfied customer that everyone remembers, not the thousands (or hundreds) of satisfied ones.

Either way, I hope you get your issue resolved as soon as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.