Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know has anyone tried this yet cuz i got stage 3 boost cam with valve springs, push rods , oil catch can ,headers ,high flow cats from texas speed and a procharger full kit from American muscle. For my 2015 rt plus wanna know if its gonna blow my engine or if it doesn’t, how much power it gains and or etc what ever information would be solid please tell me im not tryna waste my money

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
As long as you keep the ProCharger boost no higher than 8lbs since you are not showing any beefing up of the bottom end of the engine, you'll probably get a solid 150hp, but when it comes to blowing an engine there are no guarantees. I would be more concerned regarding the drive lines ability to handle all that power especially if you go wider in the rear than the stock 245s.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wanted to know has anyone tried this yet cuz i got stage 3 boost cam with valve springs, push rods , oil catch can ,headers ,high flow cats from texas speed and a procharger full kit from American muscle. For my 2015 rt plus wanna know if its gonna blow my engine or if it doesn’t, how much power it gains and or etc what ever information would be solid please tell me im not tryna waste my money
I don't know but it is what I would like to do as well. I can either go your route or beef up the bottom end but not both because of the budget I was able to "negotiate" with the wife. LOL. I keep hearing if you keep the boost under 8# or less you "should" be ok. But exactly like Ry states their are no guarantees. 150hp is a nice bump and about the limit of a 5.7 without having to beef up the rest of the drivetrain (but again no guarantees on that either)

Reactions: Ken.5.7_hemi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as you keep the ProCharger boost no higher than 8lbs since you are not showing any beefing up of the bottom end of the engine, you'll probably get a solid 150hp, but when it comes to blowing an engine there are no guarantees. I would be more concerned regarding the drive lines ability to handle all that power especially if you go wider in the rear than the stock 245s.
last question thou if i get a forged crankshaft u think i can put up the boost cause i forgot to say i was getting that 2

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,553 Posts
Need rods and pistons also.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger RT Blackout Edition
360 Posts
i got rods but if i dont have forged pistons is that bad
That'll be the weak link and the first thing to go if you set that boost over eight lbs. If you're gonna go, go all out or else that eight lbs of boost will be your limit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'll be the weak link and the first thing to go if you set that boost over eight lbs. If you're gonna go, go all out or else that eight lbs of boost will be your limit.
thank u do you know any website that sells forged parts in a kit

·
Banned
2019 SRT Hellcat
92 Posts
Of course it's going to blow, it's not built for that unless you do/did it yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
thank u do you know any website that sells forged parts in a kit
I normally don't say this but with everything you're listing that you would do to your 2015 R/T 5.7, with adding an engine build to handle more than 8lbs of boost you should have bought, not just a Hellcat, but a Redeye Hellcat, or better yet a used Demon, you have no idea the money you are contemplating spending especially if paying labor to get it all done is involved, they are going to love you!

The 5.7 just flat does not have the suspension and drive line to handle but so much power, drive line means Transmission, Driveshaft, Differential, Axles, Rims and Tires, Racing Suspension including Brakes, you sir, are going to find that out the hard way, so good luck.

Oh don't forget to get a full value of auto insurance to cover all these upgrades or else as far as the insurance company is concerned it is only worth the listed base value of the year of the R/T not a thing extra! Also good luck in ever selling that car, it will have to be a private sale to get any of that additional money spent back out of it, and God help you if you go to a dealer!

And last but not least, you won't be street emissions legal anymore, and in some states that is going to be a problem. Ry

Reactions: CaptScat345

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
@Ken.5.7_hemi

Ken are you just testing the waters for information or really serious? You do whatever you desire it is your money you are spending, I am just attempting to reveal some reality that many of us do not discover until we start adding up what all the upgrades actually have costed us, these are things you need to know before you even start buying. I see the Haiti flag on your profile picture, are you in Haiti or in the US now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I normally don't say this but with everything you're listing that you would do to your 2015 R/T 5.7, with adding an engine build to handle more than 8lbs of boost you should have bought, not just a Hellcat, but a Redeye Hellcat, or better yet a used Demon, you have no idea the money you are contemplating spending especially if paying labor to get it all done is involved, they are going to love you!

The 5.7 just flat does not have the suspension and drive line to handle but so much power, drive line means Transmission, Driveshaft, Differential, Axles, Rims and Tires, Racing Suspension including Brakes, you sir, are going to find that out the hard way, so good luck.

Oh don't forget to get a full value of auto insurance to cover all these upgrades or else as far as the insurance company is concerned it is only worth the listed base value of the year of the R/T not a thing extra! Also good luck in ever selling that car, it will have to be a private sale to get any of that additional money spent back out of it, and God help you if you go to a dealer!

And last but not least, you won't be street emissions legal anymore, and in some states that is going to be a problem. Ry
I was doin this myself and I already got all that covered but u right my wife was telling me that but i think this is gonna be fun and the car is paid for so i dont thing im selling it ever

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Ken.5.7_hemi

Ken are you just testing the waters for information or really serious? You do whatever you desire it is your money you are spending, I am just attempting to reveal some reality that many of us do not discover until we start adding up what all the upgrades actually have costed us, these are things you need to know before you even start buying. I see the Haiti flag on your profile picture, are you in Haiti or in the US now?
im in California and i just came from a deployment so ihave some money to blow and i think it will be fun

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
In that case Go for it! :)

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,553 Posts
So if you are in California don't you have to worrie about emissions?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
393 Posts
Best to have a solid bottom end and low compression engine for a Blower, Turbo, Pro Charger to be able to kick it up. Of course top end as well but you need low compression or your defeating the purpose of a Super Charger to really get its full benefit. 7 1/2 to 8 1/2:1 at most or you will detonate that engine quickly if you exceed 7 to 8lb of boost.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Howdy Ken... Welcome to the "Z" from a fellow Vet from Cali now in Texas.

First of all: Thank You for your Service, and Welcome Back to the world.

Second; You've already pulled the trigger on many quality parts to START your project.
As for the position you're in at this point, you've come to one of the right places to gain info, data, good/bad/ugly truth.

Third; It's not too late to do The Most Important 3 Things you need to continue:
Research, Research, and Research!

After Researching; you should have a Solid Plan, embrace a realistic Budget, and identify an END POINT. You can believe that just the Simplest Modifications can go on & on, and you can still have so much more to complete... IF you're not careful, you will find yourself going down a few dead-end paths, and endless rabbit-holes.

Last thing; Get all the Bottom-End fortified, and the Forged Internal Parts for the Motor... Then go for the Power Adder. "Make it - Make Sense to you."

Good Luck & Enjoy The RIDE...

Reactions: CaptScat345

·
Registered
3,879 Posts

This is my 2009 R/T that I bought Brand New, and now I'm refreshing it totally. It has 231,000 MILES. New Performance Crate 5.7L motor, (Custom Torque/Stall Converter) Transmission, (entire Drive Line), New Interior, Re-Paint Exterior, ViAir (Bagged) Suspension, and more (this & that).
LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts