Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

This is my 2016 Scat Pack 392 that I bought Brand New. I had a Plan and a Budget, with an End Point (it takes TIME to get some things done).

I put a lot of thought into both of my Challengers modifications, and it also requires patience with your research.

Carry-On.

Reactions: bandit992

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L
145 Posts
Ken, I just finished stage 2 up grade on my 2012 R/T Classic 5.7L and my experience leads me to ask you to consider for going forced air and stay with a naturally aspirated engine or think turbocharging. With that ProCharger upper and I don't know how many miles you have on your lower, I believe the best bet for you is to buy a short block suited for your intake. I have a forum starter from a few months back that discusses my build and I ended up with appx. 480 BHP for about $7000.
Challenger perf. mods 5.7/ 2012 R/T classic performance mods Hope this helps and welcome to the forum

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
Back before there were the many Challenger models there are today many of us added forced induction to their 5.7’s. 6 years later mine is still going strong. Would I do it today? No... That being said I still like the car, it is a blast to drive and it will never be sold. I think if you live in CA you are going to run into issues. I would just consider first what your long term goal for the car is and what is going to make you happy. I like my Challenger because it is more like a “hot rod” with all the mods. My new Hellcat is much faster with all the new technology that is available now but the smile per mile the Challenger puts on my face has never left.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Back before there were the many Challenger models there are today many of us added forced induction to their 5.7’s. 6 years later mine is still going strong. Would I do it today? No...
Care to elaborate on that No...

Why?

Even though many do not understand with the 5.7 the beefing up does not stop with the supercharger itself, but you have not kept yours for 6 years without some attachment sentimental or otherwise?

I am seriously considering the Magnuson myself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go big or go Home. I'm a Charger R/T owner, but you guys are more active over here(Lol) I've had My Whipple for a few years. I was a bit paranoid so I got some drop in rods and Pistons and a litany of other things and she's still going strong. Look past the dust. Lol

Btw, it's a black hole in your wallet when u start adding power Adders... It's never enough power. 🤷🏾

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go big or go Home. I'm a Charger R/T owner, but you guys are more active over here(Lol) I've had My Whipple for a few years. I was a bit paranoid so I got some drop in rods and Pistons and a litany of other things and she's still going strong. Look past the dust. Lol View attachment 271787

Btw, it's a black hole in your wallet when u start adding power Adders... It's never enough power. 🤷🏾

This one is before the 8 rib was swapped in.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts