Dodge Challenger Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts
As soon as I start my engine, I turn off the traction control. Why? Because... Blast your car through the gears. Now shut off the traction control and do the same thing. It's like you are driving a different car. My car changes to an animal. Of course the recent mods and HemiFever tune calculate into it but, driving a performance car with the traction control on chokes the performance in many aspects other than just preventing the rear tires from spinning.
Traction control absolutely cripples these cars. And if you get the Hemifever tune, the cruise control will not shut off the disable button of the traction control so you gotta be careful there.

Remember that traction control was designed for Joe and Sally Average who might fall into a state of terror and panic if the car gets sideways accelerating. They should drive a Volvo and be safe and stay away from a Challenger.

If you are not Joe or Sally average, shut it off and enjoy the reason you bought a Challenger.

-John

As soon as I start my engine, I turn off the traction control. Why? Because... Blast your car through the gears. Now shut off the traction control and do the same thing. It's like you are driving a different car. My car changes to an animal. Of course the recent mods and HemiFever tune calculate into it but, driving a performance car with the traction control on chokes the performance in many aspects other than just preventing the rear tires from spinning.
Traction control absolutely cripples these cars. And if you get the Hemifever tune, the cruise control will not shut off the disable button of the traction control so you gotta be careful there.

Remember that traction control was designed for Joe and Sally Average who might fall into a state of terror and panic if the car gets sideways accelerating. They should drive a Volvo and be safe and stay away from a Challenger.

If you are not Joe or Sally average, shut it off and enjoy the reason you bought a Challenger.

-John

I think I have them as neighbors - Joe Isuzu and Sally Saab. If I dont beat them out of my driveway its like following a school bus driven by an 85-year old retiree who cant see 10 yards past her nose....

-John
I have noticed that with the hemifever tune you push the button once and EVERYTHING is COMPLETELY off no holding the button down or the three traction control setting.

I have noticed that with the hemifever tune you push the button once and EVERYTHING is COMPLETELY off no holding the button down or the three traction control setting.
That would be convinient.
I am able to disable BAS & ESP by engaging my line locks for a few seconds (when still of course), otherwise I have to do the key trick to disable BAS. Trying doing a 360 or drift without the BAS disabled and the stability control engages the front brakes :smiledown:

great info ... i was wondering why mine was lacking in some places .. seeing as i just got it. ill be doing this prob sat after my exhaust is installed

I just came across this thread and wondered if this would work on my 2015 scat pack ,,I mostly drive it like a old man but do get on it sometimes and have noticed the car staying in old man mode lol

I just came across this thread and wondered if this would work on my 2015 scat pack ,,I mostly drive it like a old man but do get on it sometimes and have noticed the car staying in old man mode lol
I'd also like to know if this trick still works on the 2015 model. I think I have read that it doesn't, but I don't know for sure.

I'd also like to know if this trick still works on the 2015 model. I think I have read that it doesn't, but I don't know for sure.
I don't think it's the #2 fuse for the 2015. I'll investigate which one, stay tuned.

Reactions: Lyle
On the 15s, slot number 29 is the TCM/ECM fuse. And it's a 15A blue.
There's also a fuse in slot 31 which reads as an Engine Module fuse.
I've seen both mentioned to work the same as a fuse #2 pull. I, personally, am pre-2015 so cannot confirm.
This diagram can be found in your owner's manual; there should be a more descriptive one under the lid of your fuse box.

The powertrain seen in slots 34 + 35 are ASD fuses.
Here's a digital copy of the manual: http://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/m...&o-download-button.x=38&o-download-button.y=7

On the 15s, slot number 29 is the TCM/ECM fuse. And it's a 15A blue.
There's also a fuse in slot 31 which reads as an Engine Module fuse.
I've seen both mentioned to work the same as a fuse #2 pull. I, personally, am pre-2015 so cannot confirm.
This diagram can be found in your owner's manual; there should be a more descriptive one under the lid of your fuse box.

The powertrain seen in slots 34 + 35 are ASD fuses.
Here's a digital copy of the manual: http://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/m...&o-download-button.x=38&o-download-button.y=7
Any danger in just pulling all four at the same time, then resetting them together?

Or maybe a better way would be to pullback one, then reset and drive to see what difference it made.

I wouldn't touch the two powertrain fuses as they appear to be ASD (auto shutdown) feeds.
That description is made on the under the lid diagram; can't seem to find the picture of this that I saw, but it should be on your car.

The best bet would be to try slot 29 alone and see if you notice a difference.

Reactions: Lyle
I didn't want to offend anyone that thought they were seeing gains from this "trick", but it made zero difference on the rollers. Before we started tuning I asked the dyno tech if we could do another baseline after resetting a fuse, no difference at all.

Reactions: nunya
I didn't want to offend anyone that thought they were seeing gains from this "trick", but it made zero difference on the rollers. Before we started tuning I asked the dyno tech if we could do another baseline after resetting a fuse, no difference at all.
Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for!

Just an FYI: No matter how you drive you car normally, part throttle operations have zero bearing on wide open throttle operations. Meaning even if you drive 30 mph all the time, when you put your foot down it will go.
Most of the 'gains' that were felt were from auto trans owners who noticed something different about the way it shifted.
Since you have a 6 speed you don't need to worry about a computer shifting for you.

Reactions: Lyle and 70barcuda
A fuse pull won't affect full throttle. Only part and low throttle is affected by the adaptives

81 - 100 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.