Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 SRT-8, and probably many other years/models, beneath the trunk liner is a split loom harness (for the taillights in the decklid) secured in place with four ribbed push pins with a strap tie as an integral part of the push pin fastener. I have had no real success in identifying the part number for these.

There are four positioned along the harness lead, anchoring it the trunk lid, and one can be seen along the split conduit, anchoring it to the body. There may be others lurking once I peel back more of the trunk liner. The strap is about 5mm wide, and the diameter of the ribbed push pin is also about 5mm. I have finally found a part that is similar but not OEM. I even have a similar MOPAR item, Part # 6835 7352 AA, but the sizing is off. In doing the sequential turn signals, if you want to route the new wiring along with the OEM wiring inside of this conduit, the original harness ties must be cut - unless someone knows somehow of a way to preserve the original strap without cutting it.

Does anyone know the MOPAR part number for these push pin strap ties? I could post a pic if my description misses the mark. Thanks for any help. This search has endured now for weeks.

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
Have you went down to your FCA dealer and ask them to look this up for you?

Reactions: habbie and Dodgeguy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you went down to your FCA dealer and ask them to look this up for you?
I have checked my local Dodge Dealer. I was told by him he could not identify them explicitly and that he thought (since there was no apparent specification) the parts came as part of the wiring package for the deck lid. My counter guy then said "I know you don't want to spend fifty bucks for them". I have also emailed other dealers this same question. No reply in some cases. Told that the part number was the one above by one dealership - thus my purchase and knowledge of its size compared to the OEM on my car.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,038 Posts
Take one of them to your local auto body supply shop. They will probably have an assortment of stuff to go through. Mine has helped me out in the past.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try this site: http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Straps_Wire_Harness_s/180.htm hopefully you can find something that will work there if not the exact part.
Thank you for the great suggestions.

I (and a friend for a while there) have actually been searching for these since early May. I have searched Clips and Fasteners site (and probably could stand to do it some more). I've combed Amazon and sent multiple emails to different dealers on the interwebosphere. Search terms are difficult to phrase as there seems to be no generally accepted terminology for this part. You can get eye-tired sifting through some of the pages of choices.

I have some from an order I placed from a Hong Kong seller - one of the best "near-matches". And the MOPAR Part Number 6825 5327 AA (tie kit) is MOPAR and contains one tie that is close - though, it's not a match either and pricey at anywhere from $5.00 each to over $10.00. The Hong Kong choice was 10 items for five or six dollars as I recall - obviously a better buy if exact match OEM is not a consideration.

I was succumbing to my anal inclination to keep (and/or be able to return) every part of this car to OEM for down the road when it goes to my son. There are work-arounds to this even (such as buy the assembly from salvage when returning to OEM condition) and at this point may adopt one.

However before I gave up the quest I was hoping - what with so many liking the sequential turn signal mod and most likely encountering this very same issue - that someone had found these push pin strap ties at their dealership and perhaps knew its part number. As much time as I have invested in this trivial pursuit there must be something wrong with me.

btw, anyone got the sport ball fill needles that come with the "no spare-tie" kit? Look for a "wtb" post soon o_O . Now you know I'm anal.

Thanks!!!!
Steve

·
Registered
22,542 Posts
You might also want to try calling or emailing dodge assistance if you haven't already.

Reactions: dinoSoaRsTeve-8

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
If there is a Parker Fitting store close to you try that as well. They carry tons of straps you might get lucky....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts