Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching everywhere for anyone who has tried this setup, but no luck. I figured I'd ask here, so if I missed it, my bad!

I got exhaust tips and mini race bullets (24250) for my 19 SP WB. The guy at my local muffler shop recommended deleting the resonators and installing the bullets to my exhaust tips and keeping the mid mufflers stock. I did that, and it sounds louder for sure, but drones significantly at around 1800-2200 rpm. I know the resonators are there to prevent drone, too. I'm thinking about installing 2 more mini race bullets over the mid mufflers. Anyone try this setup yet? Thanks everyone!

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,254 Posts
Big big mistake. The mini bullets should have replaced the mid mufflers and the resonators should have been kept intact.
For sure i kept the resonators & replaced the stock mufflers with the race bullets never have i heard replacing the resonators with the race bullets either keep or delete the resonators.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said, I know that deleting the resos will cause drone. I wanted the tips on, so I had to delete the resos to make the tips fit. So I'm thinking about replacing the mid mufflers with 2 more bullets, making 4 total bullets. I guess that's my question, has anyone heard of what it would sound like with 4 bullets? Sorry if I didn't make sense in the original post.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You made perfect sense in your original post but you still didn't have to delete the resonators nor should you have. You introduced drone by deleting them and the only fix is to reinstall them.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok good lol. I did have to delete them to fit the tips I installed though. I'm gonna go ahead and install 2 more bullets where the mid mufflers are like most people do, and I'll make some videos of what it sounds like with 4 bullets, mid mufflers delete and a reso delete. Hopefully I'll get it done in a week or 2 and post the videos ?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok gang, time for an update.

So the drone from the bullets replacing the resonators definitely diminished after about 200 miles, which is awesome. So I wanted to experiment with having 4 bullets. I installed the bullets in place of the mid mufflers on Friday, and oh man does it sound spectacular. I definitely recommend using 4 bullets, not just at the mids. Nearly zero drone, no rasp, and it sounds angry as all hell, especially at start up and in track mode with the Active Exhaust fully open. Do it!!

·
156 Posts
Was planning on doing some mods to my exhaust, maybe go your route, any chance you could post some sound clips. Would love to hear startup, slow and fast pull away, slow cruise by and full throttle cruise by.

·
156 Posts
I'm good! Listened to a you tube video of mids deleted with race bullets, sounded pretty good. Think I'm gonna go that route 1st, then maybe do reso's later if needed

·
Registered
40 Posts
I already had the bullets in the mid mufflers spot already and now installed them in the factory resonators position. So the quad Dynomax 24250 mini bullets are installed. It has a really aggressive sound at WOT but it is deep and throaty. Nice burbling and pops when you get off the go pedal, it’s a clean sound not all raspy and “importish”. It sounds really good going through the gears( I have a 6spd). It sounds better than 90% of the $15-$1700cat back kits I’ve heard and ? better than straight pipes.
I do have a little drone at 80mph(1800rpm) now but from what I understand after some miles and heat cycles it will go away. I’ll take a cold start clip in the am and post it. Pretty impressed so far.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already had the bullets in the mid mufflers spot already and now installed them in the factory resonators position. So the quad Dynomax 24250 mini bullets are installed. It has a really aggressive sound at WOT but it is deep and throaty. Nice burbling and pops when you get off the go pedal, it’s a clean sound not all raspy and “importish”. It sounds really good going through the gears( I have a 6spd). It sounds better than 90% of the $15-$1700cat back kits I’ve heard and ? better than straight pipes.
I do have a little drone at 80mph(1800rpm) now but from what I understand after some miles and heat cycles it will go away. I’ll take a cold start clip in the am and post it. Pretty impressed so far.
Exactly! Everyone asks me what kind of system I have, and when I tell them quad mini mufflers, they're always shocked. Best $200 mod ever, right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts