Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been doing some reading on here, and it seems that the problems with these cars are limited to:

6spd issues with grinding

Headliners not fitting right

Sunroof problems

Rocker panel problems

Timing chain failure

Rear end failure

Most threads about these problems are quite old... Can anyone with a newer car from 2012 and up comment? Have you had any of these problems or have they been fixed since?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hi all,

I've been doing some reading on here, and it seems that the problems with these cars are limited to:

6spd issues with grinding

Headliners not fitting right

Sunroof problems

Rocker panel problems

Timing chain failure

Rear end failure

Most threads about these problems are quite old... Can anyone with a newer car from 2012 and up comment? Have you had any of these problems or have they been fixed since?

Thanks!
Adding the famous Hemi Tick, that's been an on going complaint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a used 2013 challenger R/T with 22,000 miles,I have have had problems with the hood popping open to the safety catch for no apparent reason.Typically I will notice the hood popped after a drive have you any expeience like that?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a used 2013 challenger R/T with 22,000 miles,I have have had problems with the hood popping open to the safety catch for no apparent reason.Typically I will notice the hood popped after a drive have you any expeience like that?
I don't have the car yet, still pending delivery. Hopefully it'll be problem free!

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
Blue Hemi -
I have an 09 H/O 6sp and to date I have only had the transmission issue with it sticking in gear. They issue a TSB and my dealership fixed it the next day. Other than that I have had none of the other issues. (Maybe just lucky).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.