Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have challenger sxt and I have K&N CAI. What is the best exhaust system match with that CAI? I thought about Solo and Magnaflow. I want to see different when I install them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Honestly I would say save your money , the stock system is really not restrictive at all. IF you are just wanting a bit more sound go with whatever muffler you like ( the mufflers are in front of the axle ) two flowmaster 40 series will fit in really nice. The thing is at the end of the day it's your car so do whatever it is YOU like .

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My 2 favorites were the Solo Mach X and Speedlogix/Zoomers.

Here is a video of a member that has the Zoomers set up

Sorry the mics on my phone couldn't handle the vibrations. I'll try to upload a better video later today. It's actually much deeper than what you have here; my phone was about to explode. Oh. And the peacocks. The peacocks in my community were unhappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyaKEhmZfvs
Significantly better quality. Though, my microphone is still unable to pick up the lowness of idle and acceleration. I did go full throttle, but there wasn't enough running distance to redline it and let you know what that sounds like. Also, the engine has been thoroughly warmed up. This gives a better idea of the overall higher sounds produced by the Zoomers. Let me know what you think! And if you want more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qMyn6W5Cm4
You can see all the of his exhaust video's in the link here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly I would say save your money , the stock system is really not restrictive at all. IF you are just wanting a bit more sound go with whatever muffler you like ( the mufflers are in front of the axle ) two flowmaster 40 series will fit in really nice. The thing is at the end of the day it's your car so do whatever it is YOU like .
I agree with you but I want to make different in my challenger thank u for your reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2 favorites were the Solo Mach X and Speedlogix/Zoomers.

Here is a video of a member that has the Zoomers set up

You can see all the of his exhaust video's in the link here
Hey dude you comfusded me I was thinking of solo and magnaflow but now I am thinking of solo and zoomers. what do you think is the best.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Hey dude you comfusded me I was thinking of solo and magnaflow but now I am thinking of solo and zoomers. what do you think is the best.
It really depends. They both have their pros/cons. I think Solo sounds pretty amazing with minimal/no drone, Zoomers sounds the best but after watching all his videos (especially the ones with him driving around) it seems he experiences some fair drone between 2000-2300 rpm, which for automatics tend to be cruising speeds. However if you don't really mind the drone, then Zoomers would be the way to go. It's really a toss up for me. Either would sound awesome on the 3.6.

What I can tell you is when I upgrade to the R/T.... the first thing I'm buying is a Zoomers exhaust system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the Magnaflows on mine from Blastin' Bob. There is a noticeable increase in torque because the car holds gears longer now and will hold overdrive up long hills on the highway, whereas it used to have to downshift. In driving it you can clearly feel the reduced restriction and better flow and slight bump in power.

Having said that, it's a little louder than I expected and the wife hates it so tomorrow I'm taking mine off and it's for sale if anybody wants it. I'll ship it for a good price.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have challenger sxt and I have K&N CAI. What is the best exhaust system match with that CAI? I thought about Solo and Magnaflow. I want to see different when I install them.
There is no match, it all depends on you.
Solo are great for the price. I went with Magnaflow and I don't regret it. The exhaust system is pricier than Solo, but I think it is worth it. Lots of folks complement me on how great my V6 sounds. I think Magnaflow has a more throaty sound than the others (at least for a cat-back system), and does not sound as "farty" as Solo at high RPMs. Of course, that is my very subjective opinion, and I am sure a lot of users will disagree with that description. :)
The best you can do is to listen to different samples, and if you have the chance, go to a car meet and listen to different exhausts. Then you can decide.
You know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or rather in this case: the sound is in the ears of the beholder. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, do you know what the in/out diameters are for mufflers? I'm looking at the flow master super 10s for my 2013 SXT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts