Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 R/T auto with 29,000 miles . I was thinking of putting on a louder exhaust but I do not want the dreaded drone or want to spend thousands of dollars . My friend is putting on a Borla Atak system but its $1825 bucks to purchase then more money for install .

One person on facebook said he put dynomax bullets on his , kept the resonators on , and its loud with no drone and the cost was about $300 installed. Iam thinking of doing this but worried it will have drone and then I blew $300 by being cheap .

Has anybody done this ? Any advice you could give I appreciate .

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
there are several dozen posts about exhausts here. best option, honestly, is to find a challenger that sounds good to you and ask what they had done. youtube videos dont portray the sound correctly and asking 10 people what sounds good will give you 10 different answers. on a side note, i had done the mid muffler delete and left the resonators in place. and it was loud. and i like loud cars and it was loud. i added a couple of cherry bomb hot rod mufflers and it sounds good. throaty, deep and with a good wot sound. but, i am changing the whole exhaust soon. i should have done my research at the beginning instead of chopping up my stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
20,665 Posts
A lot of folks here are satisfied with the Solo Performance exhaust systems. They have excellent customer service and make a good product. Last time I checked the systems ran around $ 800-900.
May be a good compromise especially if you plan on keeping the car.If you call them ask for Steve and he’ll give you all the help you need.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
there are several dozen posts about exhausts here. best option, honestly, is to find a challenger that sounds good to you and ask what they had done. youtube videos dont portray the sound correctly and asking 10 people what sounds good will give you 10 different answers. on a side note, i had done the mid muffler delete and left the resonators in place. and it was loud. and i like loud cars and it was loud. i added a couple of cherry bomb hot rod mufflers and it sounds good. throaty, deep and with a good wot sound. but, i am changing the whole exhaust soon. i should have done my research at the beginning instead of chopping up my stock exhaust.
and, as to what midnight posted, the exhaust system that i am switching to is actually a solo performane system.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,774 Posts
I replaced my mids with Vibrant 1794's. No drone and sounds great.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,512 Posts
2008- -2014 Dodge Challenger MACH-X MDS Automatic CAT Back Exhaust Kit

You choose the tips you want with this kit, it comes with the J Pipe Drone canceling technology, which works and does not hinder your performance what so ever!

The biggest gut punch you can receive from going with a really expensive Cat Back system is discovering it has actually hurt your overall performance, but once installed it is too late.

Reactions: Thegreekmason
1 - 6 of 6 Posts