Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best Friend Mike of over 35 years and former Army Vet, has a 2010 R/T 5.7, 6 Speed, and a 4:10 Rear End the car has 137k on it and is a beast car has had the Engine Built up with some goodies , as well as Headers and a Tune car has about 400hp.,
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

That said his Clutch is toast and he is going to get it replaced but he asked me what Choices for a replacement should he go with.
It's been many years since I have had a Manual Trans and serviced a Manual Transmission. My Health is preventing me to help
do it for him but he has Asked the following. Would a Hellcat Clutch Setup work with his Car? Should he go with a Performance
one from Jegs or Summit?

Back in the Day I always used Hays, or Zoom Clutches never had issues with them and usually something else broke before
they ever even began to give an issue. This is back since the 80's and 90's since I used those brands so would appreciate
the info I can pass on to him. I did tell him a basic Factory one would probably not hold up well with that 4:10 Rear End.

Thanks and Bless
Bill

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,672 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He bought it used so have not Idea since its got a 4:10 Rear End if they changed it to a Heavy Duty or not and he wants to keep the car for a long while
which is why we were talking about Heavy Duty Clutches since hes not afraid time to time to do a bit spirited driving with it.

Thanks though will pass those on to him.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T plus, 6spd
121 Posts
I replaced mine at about 135-145K, can't remember but it was a stock clutch.

This is the same part they use for a scat so it has plenty of beef to handle 400whp, my car is at 500whp and it spins my 305s before it smokes the clutch.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T plus, 6spd
121 Posts
Or you can do what Speedy did just incase 400 whp is just the start:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts