Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What detail spray do you use and why?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
29,958 Posts
I actually use Meguiars Wash and Wax spray. It works so GOOD. Better than a plain detail spray. It cleans your car and I love it! It is a white color in the bottle.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,259 Posts
Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer for light cleaning, such as around town cruises, and Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax after long day cruises out of the area. I blow the panel's, wheels and wells down thoroughly with my hi-powered Toro leaf blower vac before using that Meguiars Wash and Wax after those longer highway trips too.

I've also got an "eye in my mind" for when it needs a traditional bucket wash. The most important thing that I keep in mind when detailing all my vehicles is to always use soft, thick microfiber drying towels. I use The Rag Company Double Twistress towels for those tasks.

·
Premium Member
5,259 Posts
I might have to try the Meguires. I've been using Chemical Guys basic pink stuff. Works fine and smells nice. Honestly, I'm not sure I could tell the difference in any of them as far as "performance".
Meguiar's has been around a lot longer than most companies out there. It seems like there's been a flurry of new companies with copycat products over the past decade or so. Many of them outsource with the same chemical labs to mix their products too, with just variances in smell and minor tweaks to other ingredients. Some just re-brand stock off the counter mixes offered by some of those same outsourced labs. It's still kind of like the "wild west" as far as all the claims go...I've always felt comfortable with the consistent results Mequiar's products have given me. This past year however, I discovered the Turtle Wax Graphene line of products and gave them a try this past Spring. So far I'm amazed at the results. The shine, plus the extreme beading and sheeting is astounding when bucket washing. I also hear that the Formula 303 Graphene spray wax is quite good as well. Every car owner seems to have their favorite potion and routine to care for their paint...if it works for you, go with it is what I say! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I might have to try the Meguires. I've been using Chemical Guys basic pink stuff. Works fine and smells nice. Honestly, I'm not sure I could tell the difference in any of them as far as "performance".
I've used 3 different chemical guys detailer sprays and all had a similar experience to yours. Smelled nice and seemed to wipe off OK, but couldn't tell if it actually made the paint look better or protect it in any way.

Now I use Adams slick and slide and really like it. Gives a great finish and seems to bead up water.

·
Premium Member
5,259 Posts
That's what I use. UQD's hydrophobic formula (water repellant) has a bonus advantage for those of us who own black Challengers. It doesn't leave behind those hazy brownish streaks.
When I had my black Capri w/custom paint I'd use Mequiars H-7 Glaze before the car shows...gave it that deep, wet look. I never used wax, just weekly applications of Mirror Glaze! :cool:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
38 Posts
I was just made aware of this stuff (Shazzam) and was super happy with the results - It leaves a great shine and you can feel the difference when you run a towel over it. I've used Adams, CMX, Griot's, but this is something else! I order it by the gallons because the shipping isn't free and I know I will use it. A bunch of my car club buddies use it on their Aston Martins and they won't use anything else.

Wilson Frazier: The Professor (sonargpsuniversity.com)
Liquid Drinkware Bottle cap Bottle Tire

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meguiar's has been around a lot longer than most companies out there. It seems like there's been a flurry of new companies with copycat products over the past decade or so. Many of them outsource with the same chemical labs to mix their products too, with just variances in smell and minor tweaks to other ingredients. Some just re-brand stock off the counter mixes offered by some of those same outsourced labs. It's still kind of like the "wild west" as far as all the claims go...I've always felt comfortable with the consistent results Mequiar's products have given me. This past year however, I discovered the Turtle Wax Graphene line of products and gave them a try this past Spring. So far I'm amazed at the results. The shine, plus the extreme beading and sheeting is astounding when bucket washing. I also hear that the Formula 303 Graphene spray wax is quite good as well. Every car owner seems to have their favorite potion and routine to care for their paint...if it works for you, go with it is what I say! ;)
Good points, Derecho. I've used Meguiars and Turtle Wax most recently. I want to try Adam's next. So far, I've had good results with all of the ones I've tried except Chemical Guys.

·
Premium Member
5,259 Posts
Good points, Derecho. I've used Meguiars and Turtle Wax most recently. I want to try Adam's next. So far, I've had good results with all of the ones I've tried except Chemical Guys.
It's all about preferences, you just have to try them out yourself and see how they perform for you on your paint and then compare against other products that you have used. I don't trust those Youtube product test video's either - it's better for be the judge. When I'm comfortable with a product I tend to stay with it for quite some time - hence my long time preference for Meguar's products. That new Graphene Turtle Wax line is pretty impressive though so far.

What they ought to do is sell small test sample bottles of all these paint care products in a mini size with enough to do 1 large car/truck for customer testing purposes at a drastically reduced price. My detailing cabinet needs to be cleared out of all the past "latest, greatest" products every 5 years or so LOL!

Reactions: SFCR and boyohboy

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Adams... Graphine detail spray... Really good stuff... 👍

1 - 20 of 34 Posts