Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been storing my car up on this jack since November and have nothing but great things to say about it. I can now rotate my tires without using multiple jacks, change my own fluids and clean the whole car. There is easily 19" of clearance under the car and I can scoot from one end to the other on my creeper.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,689 Posts
I want one so bad. :sick: <(green with envy).

What model did you get, the XL? I know the one Costco stocks might be too short for the Challenger's wheelbase.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nice. I need something like that now that I will soon have a garage. But looks like the cheapest I could find is around 1.2k.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,382 Posts
Mine's the 6000XLT.....only one that would reach pinch point to pinch point without using extenders....

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,382 Posts
Ironic thing is, getting one to fit the car, and also my Ram.....means it won't fit my cherokee....jacks are too long to fit between the tires front to rear.

Can use it sideways tho (across the frame rails vice along them).......just more of a PITA to use like that

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
662 Posts
Have been storing my car up on this jack since November and have nothing but great things to say about it. I can now rotate my tires without using multiple jacks, change my own fluids and clean the whole car. There is easily 19" of clearance under the car and I can scoot from one end to the other on my creeper. View attachment 271695
I looks like you've got a set of quad tips... Is this a 2.75" stock exhaust? Where did you find quad tips that fit?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm kind of new to working on my own car since I never had a garage of my own and hardly any tools. That will soon change. Just wondering if there is a cheaper way than going with something like quickjacks that would work for changing wheels and oil and such? Would car ramps work ok without moving as you drive up to them or is there a special brand?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,767 Posts
Car ramps are great for oil changes. Be aware a Scat Pack sits pretty low , I had to get race ramps for a more gradual incline. I have rhino ramps and they are too steep. Race Ramps cost me 200 bucks.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I'm not sure that having the suspension hang like that for months on end is a great idea.
Yes! It's not good to have the wheels hanging like that for great lengths of time. For storage it's recommended to raise the car enough to allow the suspension to maintain some kind of load.
Not sure if the Quickjack is designed to partially raise to less than maximum height and maintain that height safely.

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
683 Posts
Quick jacks have two heights, but they both allow wheels to hang. There is a since of security while under the car.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Is that a low height and an all the way up height? Maybe the low height will allow the placement of blocks under the wheels to lift them and relieve the stress on the suspension.

Reactions: Derecho

·
Registered
662 Posts
Placing the weight of the vehicle on the body welds is not recommended. It takes 18 to 24 hours to complete vehicle, and at no time is it suspended via the body welds.

The 4 x notched jack points are not there to support the weight of the entire vehicle, they are there for emergency tire changes. Suspending your vehicle should only be done at the designated underbody jack-points.

If the idea is to preserve your radials, half-way through the season, raise the vehicle and rotate tires 180 degrees.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,768 Posts
I try not to overthink storage criteria. Overinflate the tires to 45psi, put carpet pads to separate the rubber on the tires from the concrete floor, put fresh gas in the tank with Stabil and hook up the Battery Tender. I want my car mobile so that I can get it out of the garage if there's a house fire. I also have a cover for mine too, but usually I don't use it...just wipe it down from time to time. Nothing else needed if you are doing storage for the Winter months (3-4 months for me). I've never had flat spots, checking or any other damage to my original Firestone tires either.

Reactions: boyohboy
1 - 20 of 41 Posts