Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new cheap set up and wanted to get a few opinions before going through with what I was thinking. Wanting a loud, but yet legal due to emissions in Virginia, setup. A few options in mind was to not get a straight system but individually piece together something nice. I've ran across used piping which everyone knows will work just as fine as new as long as it's fairly new and no rust or holes of course. But for mufflers, tips, and headers what were some opinions on brands.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
For something inexpensive...just cut out the Resonators. Since you run a 6spd adding new mufflers will get you an even better sound for just a couple of more Benjamin's.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Can't give you any suggestions on a cheap setup but if you want to spend a grand check out Corsa Xtreme. Your 6-speed will sound awesome and no drone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check out Corsa. I also just ran across the Resonator delete in another forum, have to say it doesn't sound half bad for a cheaper setup. Thanks for the heads up. But for adding new mufflers any suggestions on brands? I just recently purchased my r/t and am unfamiliar with muscle as for brands and performance quality parts. I don't want to ruin it by placing junk on the car.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check out Corsa. I also just ran across the Resonator delete in another forum, have to say it doesn't sound half bad for a cheaper setup. Thanks for the heads up. But for adding new mufflers any suggestions on brands? I just recently purchased my r/t and am unfamiliar with muscle as for brands and performance quality parts. I don't want to ruin it by placing junk on the car.
Like Tiki said....nothing will probably sound as good as a Corsa set-up, but that's $1K. Adding mufflers like FlowMasters, MagnaFlows, Borla, or DynaMax will get you a decent sound for about $200. Check out the videos in this section as well as on YouTube. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If there is a Challenger club in your area try and go out to one of their meetings and listen to as many set ups as you can. There will be a difference between autos and 6 speeds so keep that in mind. Also go on You Tube and listen to as many videos as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.